year 4 | chapter 2

do enjoy yourself, won't you...while you can

After a couple hours getting ready, putting our spirit gear on, and painting our faces, we walked over to the stadium. We made our way up the bleachers, and after quite a few flights of stairs, Ron huffed, out of breath, "Blimey, Dad! How far up are we?"

"Well, put it this way," Lucius Malfoy answered from below us. "If it rains...you'll be the first to know." Draco sauntered up beside him in an all-black suit. I glared down at them as their posture and expressions screamed snobby.

"Father and I are in the Minister's box," Draco gloated, "by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

"Don't boast, Draco," Lucius scolded, hitting him in the chest with his cane. "There's no need with these people." These people. I could've jumped over the railing and punched him in the face. Harry rolled his eyes and went to turn away, but Malfoy stopped him with his cane.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?" Lucius said. "While you can." He smiled unconvincingly before taking off.

"What the bloody hell was that all about?" Ron asked.

"Just the Malfoys being the Malfoys," I muttered, turning and following everyone up the stairs. The stadium was packed with people and was even bigger than I could've imagined. The lights were bright, everyone was cheering, flags were waving, and the environment was so cheery and thrilling. It was already more excitement than I'd had all summer.

"I told you these seats would be worth waiting for!" Arthur said as we stood atop the highest section possible.

The Irish team flew in, leaving white and green smoke and fireworks in their wake and earning, even more, screams from everyone. Fred and George began calling out the names of players.

"Here come the Bulgarians!" George shouted as players in red came flying in.

"Who's that?" Ginny yelled, watching a player balance in a handstand on top of his broom.

"That, sis, is the best seeker in the world!" George replied. 'Krum' chants began echoing throughout the bleachers.

"Ron, it's your boyfriend!" Harry joked, nudging him in the side. Ron rolled his eyes before turning away from him and toward me.

"Good evening!" Fudge announced over the speaker. "As Minister for Magic, it gives me great pleasure to welcome each and every one of you to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup! Let the match begin!"

After the most thrilling game of Quidditch Harry and I had ever seen, we all celebrated inside the tent afterward. We were happy the Irish had won and Krum had caught the snitch. We played music and danced as Fred and George teased Ron about being in love with Krum.

"Looks like the Irish have got their pride on," Fred commented as screams echoed outside.

"Stop! Stop it!" Arthur scolded, stepping between Ron and George fighting with pillows. "It's not the Irish. We've gotta get out of here. Now!"

We exited the tent to find chaos all around us. People running and screaming, loads of tents were on fire and more spells could be heard being cast.

"Get out, it's the Death Eaters!" some man shouted.

"Get back to the Portkey, everybody, and stick together!" Arthur commanded. "Go!"

Ron immediately grabbed my hand and started running as I struggled to keep up with him. He'd gotten taller again and his legs longer. We stopped as a group of people in pointy hats and masks came through chanting with lit torches. There was fire everywhere and people were getting thrown around as everyone tried to push through and run away.