Project Work and Friendship

"So here we are," Jordan says as we pull into his house. Its two-stories and it beautiful from the outside. We walk towards his house and he unlocks the door. Once we walk in I hear someone calling him from upstairs. "Jordan! I put you underwear on the couch please take it upstairs and fold it."I guess that was his mom. I look up at Jordan to see him bright red, "Thanks mom, but we have a guest so can we not talk about my laundry right now!", "We have a guest who is our guest" Jordan's mom says as she sticks her head out from the stairs. "Mom this is Sabrina she's my partner for a science project" Jordan says gesturing to me. "Nice to meet you Sabrina, I'm Deanna, Jordan's mom. Would you guys like anything to eat?" Before I can respond Jordan automatically says yes. I guess he was hungry. "So Sabrina where do you want to work on our project at?" How would I know?! Its his house. "Ummm.... i don't know, its your house where do you want to work?" I say trying to be nice. "Let's go work in the dinning room for now then after we finish eating we can go upstairs to the living room." "Okay that works for me, but remember you have to take your underwear to your room." I say trying to hold in my laughter. "Oh my gosh you heard that? Ugh I told her not to yell those things!" "Dude its fine my mom is the same way." "Really I thought it was just my mom who was crazy." I was about to respond when he mom yelled that food was ready. Jordan and I walk into the dining room and start to eat. "So what do you want to do for our project?" I ask him since I have no idea "I was thinking we make models of each stage and then write a small thing about them, is that okay with you?" "Yeah that sounds great, where do I put my plate?" "Oh just go give it to my mom in the kitchen." I start to walk towards the kitchen when I hear his mom on the phone. "Yes he brought a girl home... no not like that she's his partner for school... no i don't know if they like each other... I think they just met... okay see you when you get home love you bye." I walk into the kitchen now since she's off the phone. I guess she was talking to her husband, but why did they seem so surprised Jordan brought a girl home? "Hey Mrs. Bond Jordan told me to bring you our plates." I say handing her the plates. "Oh thank you dear. Where will you and Jordan be working?" "I think he said the living room." "Okay dear you can leave what you don't need down here if you want." "Thank you." I say as I walk out of the kitchen back to the dinning room. "Ready to start working" Jordan ask. "Sure let's go."

"Okay so you come back tomorrow with the supplies and i'll start working on the things we are going to say about each stage." "Okay that works, but my mom isn't coming until 6 and its only 4 so what do you want to do?" I ask kinda worried he won't want me around. "Wanna help me fold my laundry?" Did he really just ask me to help him fold his underwear! "Im just kidding unless you really want to but I can think of much better things than folding laundry." "Okay so what do you really want to do?" I say laughing. "Do you like board games? What do you watch on tv?" "I love board games but warning I will beat you at them and I watch basically anything on tv." "Oh bring it!"

After two hours of about 2 games of sorry, 1 game of monopoly, 3 games of headbands, and 5 games of Uno. We decide to stop playing games. "So Sabrina as a reward for beating me so many times want to sit with me and my friends at lunch tomorrow?" Jordan ask still mad I beat him. "I'd love to sit with you guys." I hear my phone ring and look down to see a text from my mom saying she is here, "I gotta go my mom is here see you tomorrow?" "Yeah see you tomorrow. Bye Sabrina" "Bye Jordan," I say and walk out of his house to my moms car.