Chapter 1 || self-appointed

"Bora, it's Saturday night, and you are still working and this late at night?" Y/n asked her older sister, Bora.

Bora barely looked up from her computer screen as y/n stepped into the living room of their parents' house. "You are back early, y/n. How was dinner with the guy?"

Y/n slumped on the couch next to her sister, gently pushing her laptop away from the bulge at her sister's belly. "Bora, please don't poke the baby's tummy with your laptop."

"Aren't you going to tell me about dinner?" her sister teased.

"Not if you keep staring at your screen like that," y/n retorted.

Her sister let out a chuckle but did not look away from her screen. "I just need ten minutes to wrap up, and then, I am all yours."

"You mean two hours. What emergency does your awesome boss have now?" Y/n's words seethed annoyance toward her sister's boss. Her sister hushed her. "Stop talking for ten minutes, and I will be done, I promise. I need to have this ready before Mr. Kim lands in a few hours."

"Bora, it's Saturday night, and why does he want something in the middle of the night and on a Sunday? You can work on it tomorrow morning," y/n said, attempting to pull the laptop from her sister's lap.

"Y/n, not funny. Stop it," her sister growled.

Y/n shook her head. "Your boss has turned you into a workaholic in what... three years?"

"Shut up." Her sister let out a bark, and y/n let out a sigh.

Before her sister took up her current job, she spent more time with her parents and spent hours talking to her even when she was thousands of miles away. For the last few years, even when y/n was busy with her job, she would call her sister only to get the annoying message that told her that Bora was on another call.

The man Bora works for is a workaholic and keeps her sister on her toes. She shook her head while walking to the bedroom to change, thinking about every dinner and party he had ruined for her sister and her family.

"I hate that guy," she grumbled under her breath while walking to her childhood bedroom she had moved into a few months back after returning from New York after almost eight years.

Y/n had crazy work hours as an engineer working for a multinational company in New York. However, she still had time to hang out with friends and make weekend trips to other cities, nowhere close to howher sister's schedule was. Bora didn't even slow down after she found out she was pregnant.

Unlike her sister, y/n was a firm believer in work hard, play hard, and she could not wait to get back to her old lifestyle in America. She would not be able to get any work done in such a high-pressured environment, especially with a boss who calls and texts every few minutes.

Fifteen minutes later, Y/n went back into the living room to find her sister staring at her screen, and it didn't look like she was even close to being done.

"Bora, I don't know what you are going to do when the baby arrives."

"Almost done." Her sister typed frantically. Y/n walked over to where her sister sat and yanked the laptop away from her. "That's enough for today. Have you eaten yet?" Y/n glared at her sister.

"Y/n, please. I need to finish the work before Mr. Kim is back." Her sister was always worked-up about deadlines and how important everything was for her boss, Mr. Kim Tae-hyung .

"I don't care. I am in charge until Mom and Dad are back." Y/n made sure to save her sister's work on the laptop before shutting it down.

"No wonder Jimin wanted you to stay with Mom and Dad while he is away on business."