Chapter 34 || Ring 🔞

Y/N held the sleeping baby to her, the soft bundle giving her the calm she had not been able to find the past couple of weeks she had spent away from everyone. She could not be in the same city and be reminded of him wherever she went.

She spent a lot of time at her aunt's place in a different city and finally came back not able to be away from her home-the home that was now her parents' place-New York no longer appealed to her. She declined the offer she had received and was considering taking a job in Korea, but she was not ready to take up another job yet. She told Bora she would help their mother take care of her niece so that she could go back to work.

"I missed you so much," she whispered to the baby, but she thought of the other person she missed most. She was miserable without him but angry with him for giving up on their bond.

The baby had screamed all evening and had finally fallen asleep, and Y/N didn't dare put her down in the crib, worried she would wake up again.

When the door to the bedroom opened noisily, and she turned shushing whoever was walking in. Her heart leaped with joy before twisting painfully when she saw the person who stood by the door.

"Tae-hyung," her voice was a whisper as he slowly closed the door behind him and walked to where she stood, holding the baby.

He stopped less than a foot from her, looking tired, and his eyes were swollen as if he had not been sleeping. "Y/N... baby, I..."

His voice trailed off when she hushed him looking down at the baby.

Her niece had a very bad evening and kept crying, and it wasn't until ten minutes ago that she had fallen asleep.

Tae-hyung knew why he was told this was his chance to talk to her. He stepped closer to her, and she froze in response, clutching the baby in her arms, but he kept his eyes on her, one arm going around her and another under her arm that cradled the baby, securing the infant in their arms.

He slowly moved his face closer to hers as she glared at him, and he knew she was still angry.

He slowly ran his lips over her cheek before whispering, "Baby, I love you, and I cannot live my life without you. The past weeks have been the worse in my life, and I promise never to hurt you. I am sorry... so truly sorry."

She didn't move, and he let his lips linger on her skin, taking in her sweet smell, the warmth and softness he had missed the past few weeks.

When she didn't respond, he moved his lips to her cheek and planted a kiss. "I was an idiot to think you had said something that angered Hyun, and I was scared, terrified for Jiwoo. I didn't have anyone else to share my worries and ended up showering the anger and pain over you. I shouldn't have. I hurt you, and I deserve any punishment you choose to give except for not being with me."

Tae-hyung's lips stiffened when he felt moisture on her cheek, and that felt like a blow in his gut.

"Baby, I swear I won't let any sadness near your heart. I will fulfill every one of your dreams. I'll go wherever you want to go in this world, not just New York because nothing else matters anymore. You are the one for me, the love of my life."

She let out a sob, and her body started to tremble in his arms, and he held her to him with one hand on her back while he shifted the baby from her arm to his taking the sleeping infant to place her in the crib before turning to look at her.