Chapter 22 || Even

Later that day, she knocked on his office door and found Tae-hyung looking at his phone.

"Come in," he said without looking up as he scrolled through his phone that he had left at his desk for the all-day inventor meetings.

"Why do I have so many missed calls from Hyun, and I can't reach him now."

She walked over to his desk after closing the door shut and stood across from him. "About that, he wanted me to transfer a large amount of money."

"What was it for?" He scrunched his nose.

"To purchase a motorbike in an auction."

"Did you send it?" He looked alarmed.

"I'm sorry, I did not. I didn't have your approval, so I didn't send it."

"So, what happened at the auction?"

Y/N started to have a bad feeling about where the conversation was going. "Mr. Kim, the auction ended, and your brother did not get the bike. I instructed my assistant not to answer his calls because I couldn't let him be disrespectful to any of the staff, including myself. I have identified a seller for the same model from another state and sent you the details. I can place the order once I get approval."

Tae-hyung looked at her for a long moment, long enough for her to feel the weirdness she felt all day after their kiss, to come back. She was thankful when he looked away to look at his computer. He scrolled through his screen and asked, "I don't see it."

"I sent it to you at two this afternoon."

"I don't see it," he repeated.

"Filter the email by my name, Mr. Kim."

Tae-hyung looked up at her, annoyed. "I don't have the email. Why can't you just show it yourself instead of standing there?"

She reluctantly walked over to his side, which she had done many times in the past couple of months, but that day felt weird. She was worried she would do something stupid like kiss him on the lips directly and start something she cannot stop.

He rolled his chair away, giving her the space that she had demanded in the past. She looked through his email, and for whatever reason, that particular email was not in his inbox.

"What the heck? I need to check." She was about to move away, but he called out to her, standing up from his chair.

"Just show me which bike he wanted." He gestured her to sit in his chair, and she reluctantly sat on the soft leather chair feeling his warmth seep through her clothes to her skin. She gave herself a virtual whack on the head and typed the website that she had checked earlier.

"This is the bike, and the cost is half the amount of what your brother had asked to be transferred."

Y/N rolled the chair away from him slightly when he went down on one knee, taking the mouse from her to click on the pictures. She sat frozen in his chair taking in his musky cologne, unable to move away from him.

She dug her fingertips into the armrest when she had a sudden urge to run her fingers in his head as she stared at the back of his head. He continued to look through all of the images and didn't have room to push the chair back to get up, so she sat there relishing his proximity, knowing she was extremely irrational and immature.

"Tae-hyung, I want to talk to you." The words had left her mouth even before she had decided she was going to have that conversation when she was trapped between his warm chair and his hot body.

"About the bike?"

Say, yes, say, yes.

"No, not about the bike."