Chapter 19 || Terrified

“Bora, I can’t take this anymore.” Y/N dropped her backpack on the couch next to her sister. “I am not going anymore.”

Her sister shook her head, smiling. “What? My sister is a quitter?”

“Don’t… I am not quitting… it’s not a job, not my job, so I am not a quitter,” Y/N growled, making her sister laugh.

“I just can’t stand him anymore… he is such a spoiled brat.”

“What? Mr. Kim?”

“Yes. Who else? Your boss,” Y/N spat.

“No. Are you confusing him with his brother?”

Y/N rolled her eyes. “No.”

“Mr. Kim is not…”

Y/N didn’t let her finish. “You have no idea what I have to put up with. His crazy schedules, project deadlines that he commits to with no consultation from his team, what kind of a CEO is he?”

Her sister went silent as she continued to rant.

“Today, at the picnic, he wanted an update. How the fuck would I have an update when I was there, right where he was with everyone else?”

Her sister took a deep breath and asked, “I have never experienced anything like this. He is a demanding boss but very reasonable.”

“You have no idea. I was convinced that he wanted me to lose my cool and quit. I don’t care about this job. I am doing it for you,” Y/N snapped.

Her sister thought for a moment. “So, what happened exactly?”

“I was by the pool with everyone else. I barely saw him all day, and just when I was getting ready to go play volleyball with a bunch of guys, he texts me.”

“You play volleyball?” Her sister seemed surprised.

“Well, I only recently started playing with Suho and his team.”

“What? Suho is here? How come you didn’t tell me?” her sister’s words came out as a scream.

Y/N shrugged. “What is the big deal, doesn’t he come for every project kick off?”

Bora shook her head silently and asked, “Were you with Suho when Mr. Kim texted you?”

“Yes… why do you look like you know exactly what happened?” Y/N asked.

“Because I do. Mr. Kim was most likely protecting you from Suho.”

Y/N threw up her hands in the air. “I can’t believe the reasons you come up with to cover up for your boss. Accept it, Unnie. He is a rich, bratty, spoiled asshole.”

“Y/N, stop it. Don’t be so judgmental. You have no idea.”

Y/N looked at her sister, surprised. “He said the same thing when I called him a rich celebrity kid.”

Bora placed her palm on her forehead and shook her head like she could not believe what Y/N said.

“What?” Y/N asked when her sister glared at her.

“Mr. Kim was adopted. He did not live a rich life because his father blew all his money making his own movies that were utter flops. It was Mr. Kim who started his own company and restored that celebrity couple’s past life.”

“What?” It was Y/N’s turn to be surprised.

“And Suho, he may not be as innocent as he may seem.”

Y/N thought she was going to fall off the chair.

“Suho? Are we talking about the same guy?”

Bora laughed. “See, you fell for it, too. The suspicion is that he is straight and pulls the gay card to get close to the girls.”