Chapter 20 || A Bait

Tae-hyung stood looking at her for a long moment before stepping out of the elevator to give a nasty look to Suho.

"Hi...Mr.Kim." Suho's voice wobbled as Y/N looked at Tae-hyung, unable to believe the timing of his arrival.

Tae-hyung ignored him and looked at Y/N. "I've been trying to reach you. Where is your phone? I need to see the latest project plan."

At that moment, she was glad the arrogant and demanding man was the way he was and came looking for her when she didn't reply.

"It's here. You left it on your desk." Suho handed her the phone and quickly slipped into the elevator.

Tae-hyung waited until the doors of the elevator closed before looking at Y/N. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"That lying bastard. How the fuck is he still employed here?" she cried as tears of anger and fear gathered in her eyes.

"He is done." Tae-hyung nodded.

"What would have happened if you... did you really come for an update? Oh my God, is that why you texted me yesterday when I was sitting with him by the pool?" She felt a pang of guilt lash her inside when he nodded.

"I am so sorry... I was way out of line when I said what I said and... thank you! I cannot thank you enough for being here." She was beyond thrilled and extended her hand. "Friends?"

"We are not friends," he said, smiling and hit the button to summon the elevator.

"Fine, co-workers?" She held her hand out.

He took her hand in his to shake and added, "Not co-workers. I am your boss."

"No." She ignored the zap of energy she felt pass through her.

"I am... yours... your boss, I mean." He turned to look at her briefly, making her feel knotted up on the inside.

Mine? My boss?

"Fine, be my boss until Bora comes back." She laughed, relief sweeping over her.

His eyebrow shot up slightly. "And what was I all this while?"

"My sister's boss." She rolled her eyes at him, making him smile.

Y/N leaned back on the wall of the elevator, her eyes downcast on her phone feeling his eyes on her. "Did you know Suho was in the office?"

"I knew you were in the office."

"Bora told me about him last night, and I would not have seen this coming." A creepy feeling passed through her at the thought.

He smirked, "You still didn't see it coming. He was going to take you out for a drink."

She raised her eyes from her phone and thought for a moment. "That guy is creepy. I would have never left with him."

"He would have made you, Y/N. Bastard apparently has a little spray bottle of something that makes a person suspend their senses, and I suspect that's what he uses on his first date with every woman."

"So, he could have used that on me or you," she pointed out.

"I don't think he is interested in me... but yes, he could use it on anyone."

"Where the heck do they make such drugs, and how do people get them?" She was in disbelief.

"There's a market for those sellers and buyers. Black market."

"Is Suho going to be back?" She felt weak thinking about what could have happened if Tae-hyung had not shown up that evening.

"No. I've had him watched since he got here, especially after the suspicious call we got a while back. He proved his innocence, but something told me to investigate him, just the way he was behaving with you the past couple of weeks."