Chapter 6 || Assumptions

Later that evening...

"You were supposed to come see me yesterday, Taetae." The small, yet commanding voice only made Tae-hyung smile.

He looked down into the angry little eyes of the cute monster he loved to pieces.

"Jiwoo, I am sorry, I had to make an unexpected visit to the hospital as soon as I got back."

"Why? Is everyone okay?" The compassion in his six-year-old niece's voice made him smile.

"Yes, do you remember Bora?" Tae-hyung kneeled next to the adorable girl and smiled as she looked worried and added, "She is doing fine, and yes, we will go see the baby when he or she arrives."

"Okay, good." Her tiny mouth curved up in a smile before she threw her tiny arms around him, and he scooped her into his arms as he stood up. "Where is Daddy?" he asked.

"Upstairs in his room as always." There was sadness in the sweet voice.

"Do you mind if I go see Daddy before we go out and play?" he asked, and Jiwoo nodded.

He walked over to where she was with her toys and placed her back on the floor. "I just need ten minutes."

Tae-hyung went up the stairs to his older brother's room where he had spent most of the last two years, except for the times he was staying at hotels after the selective events his brother attended. He knocked on the bedroom door and waited for a moment before opening it when he heard the loud noises from the television.

"Tae-hyunga... how are you, brother?" His older brother, Hyun, asked cheerfully as he sat on the recliner in the large bedroom suite that was illuminated only by the light from the television screen.

"I am good." He looked around the dark room that had bits and pieces of popcorn, chips, and other scraps of food on the rug.

"Did you have a fun trip?" Hyun asked cheerfully.

"Yes." It was a busy trip, five countries in seven days to review manufacturing units, but work never bothered him. His biggest worry was his older brother.

"Do you have something to tell me?" When Tae-hyung stood looking at his brother, he paused his video game to look at him.

"Hey, I am sorry about the hotel suite. It was a fun party, and it got..."

He didn't let his brother finish. "Fun? So much fun that you had to demolish everything?"

His brother fell silent just like every other time he had confronted him for his horrendous behavior the last two years. "Hyun, this is the absolute last time. I have canceled all your credit cards."

"Tae, you can't do that." His brother's voice held guilt.

"I already did," he growled, trying hard to keep his voice down.

"I am sorry, I won't do it again. Just let..."

"No. You will not get any of the cards back until I see better behavior and a good script for a movie and..." His brother got up eagerly and went to his desk to grab a stack of papers. "I have it. Look."

His brother was a movie producer, and after ten straight failed projects, he had lost his confidence, especially when he expected a lot from the movie industry, considering he was the first-born of a successful actor and famous actress from yesteryears.

"What about the others that you were going to review at the meeting at the silicon?"

"All of them are trash. I need to find a good one and make a comeback. Then I will no longer be Kim's son who cannot survive in the industry but Kim Tae Hyun, the famous producer."