Chapter 7 || a mistake

The next day, y/n took her time to get dressed, checked the emails, and drove to work at a decent hour, in her mind, versus starting work at an ungodly hour in the morning. She didn't mind waking up in the morning, but going to her sister's boss's house and sit around waiting for him to get dressed seemed like such a weird thing to do.

When she reached her desk, the phone was ringing, and she placed her laptop bag on the chair and answered the call. It was Tae-hyung's lawyer calling. "Does Mr. Kim have a response for me on how we are proceeding with the claim from the Silicon?"

She had seen the email in Tae-hyung's inbox, and she had expected him to respond. "Did he not get back to you?"

"Why do you think I'd be calling you if he responded?" The man seemed annoyed.

Y/n looked up toward Tae-hyung's office and saw him pace as he spoke into his headset. She took a quick peek at his calendar and noticed he was in back-to-back meetings which was not the case yesterday. She had to find time to discuss this with him, but she didn't know which meetings to shorten or move around. "I will get back to you as soon as possible."

The moment she ended the call, the desk phone went off again. This time it was HR. "Tae-hyung wanted to press charges against Lisa for her behavior in the office yesterday. Do you have a statement from him?"

"Press charges for what?" Y/n shook her head.

"He wanted to for her irrational behavior. We need his statement to be included in the notice, immediately." The man from HR also sounded impatient.

"This has to wait. Mr. Kim is in back-to-back meetings today." She was starting to feel nervous about what she was doing. The man let out a snort. "He is in back-to-back meetings every day. I need an answer in less than an hour."

Y/n ended the call, and before the desk phone started ringing again, she stepped away from her desk to walk toward Tae-hyung's office. Maybe she can interrupt him to ask a quick question. She kept her eyes on him through the glass wall of his office, hoping he would look up at her, but he continued to look at the floor, nodding as he listened to the conversation.

Tae-hyung's calendar had indicated he was meeting with the overseas factory workers' union, and it would go on for a few hours, but based on the two calls, she knew she had to ask him. He looked up when she opened the door and before she could say anything, he hit a button on his headset to mute himself. "No one comes into my office when I am in meetings."

"But..."

"Out. Lock the door on your way out." His tone and his body language were rude and brutal at best as he turned away to unmute and continue talking.

Y/n stepped out wanting to kick herself for thinking she could do her sister's job with her eyes shut. She walked back to her desk with so much anger, not really clear who she was angry with but picked up her phone and called her sister, prepared to be scolded for not doing what she was told to do.

It was just for two weeks, and she could have stuck to her sister's way of working and not try to be a smarty pants.

"Y/n, is everything okay?" Her sister knew something had to be off for y/n to be calling.

At that moment, she realized she was causing stress to her sister and decided against asking her to help out. "Yes. Absolutely. I had some free time, so I just wanted to check on you."

"See, this is why I meet with Mr. Kim in the morning. It makes the rest of the day feel so much easier, and I get to even work on my blogging a few days." Bora was a lifestyle blogger and did most of her blogging while she was at work.