Chapter 16 || Heavy Heart

"why do i have to go with you? can i not get a break from him even on a sunday?" y/n grumbled as a last attempt to get out of accompanying her sister to tae-hyung's parents' house.

"we need to leave in an hour. tae-hyung's mom is having a very private ceremony and wants us there, especially you, since you made her granddaughter very happy on her birthday." bora winked.

"this is so weird. why would she invite us like we are their relatives?" y/n rolled her eyes.

"stop complaining and get dressed. attending such ceremonies is good for the baby."

y/n knew there was no way she could back out since her sister has mentioned the baby. "for the record, you are using the it's-good-for-the-baby card way too much."

bora laughed. "works like a charm every single time. get moving and get your ass into an korean outfit."

"lord, help me. why did mom and dad have to go out of town again?" y/n looked at the ceiling helplessly.

"don't be so dramatic. move it," bora ordered, and y/n went to her room to get dressed.
y/n chose a light pink thread embroidered, long, flowy dress for the evening. she paired the outfit with a pair of gunmetal earrings and kept her look simple. she picked up her clutch and headed to her sister's room and stopped short, looking at her sister's outfit. her sister looked beautiful in a designer Gown wrapped around her, the bump in her mid-section looking cuter than ever. "bora, you look awesome, but why are you dressed up likeyou are going to a wedding?"

"Oh my God, why are you dressed like you are going to a work event at the office?"
Y/N rolled her eyes. "This is technically a work event."

"Remember who showed up at the birthday party last time? You should change into something... sexier." Bora winked and added, "Especially if you want to impress one of those movie-star buddies of Tae-hyung's."

"I don't care. I am not changing, but you look lovely, Bora. Too bad Jimin can't see you look so beautiful." Y/N helped her sister adjust her Gown.

"I took care of that... nobody but my husband gets to be the first to see me all dressed up or dressed down."

Y/N laughed, adoring the loving couple her sister and brother-in-law were.

"Okay, good. Let's go."
Y/N helped her sister into the car and went around to sit in the driver's seat. "First, I take your job, and now I am taking Jimin's job from him."

Bora laughed. "I am loving my break so much, Y/N. Thanks to you, I get to live with Mom and Dad and hang out with you. I miss being with Jimin, but I'm having the time of my life."

Y/N smiled, happy for her sister. "You are such a weirdo, Unnie."

"I love this. I only wish you would stay back in Korea with us, Bora added almost cautiously.

Y/N shook her head. "Bora, don't start with the emotional stuff again. Remember, you were the one who convinced Dad to let me go to New York for college."

"I know I did, but I want you to be back now, be a part of my child's life." Bora ran her hand over her belly.

"There you go again, the baby card. Not falling for that." Y/N laughed, and Bora went silent, making Y/N feel guilty about making fun of her sister's emotions.

"Bora, I'm sorry. I know what you mean, but I worked so hard to build up everything in New York, and all that would go waste. It would be double the effort to start all over here."

Bora smiled, patting her sister's shoulder. "I know, but I can't help but ask."

"I promise to visit more often once the baby is born."