Chapter 23 || Date??

"You look nice today. Are you meeting someone tonight?" Her sister walked into her room as she was about to head out the door the next morning.

"No, I'm not. I am not so desperate to go back to New York that I will meet and marry the first guy I talk to and head back on his dependent visa," Y/N snapped.

"Wow... what's gotten into you? It was a compliment." Her sister looked at her, surprised.

"Stop asking me about seeing other guys. I told Mom and Dad I will go back to America on my own, not as someone's arranged-marriage wife." Her voice was elevated, and her breathing was coming hard.

"Y/N, why the heck are you so stressed this morning?" Bora scolded.

Y/N sat down on the bed holding her head in her hands, feeling lost with the endless thoughts she has had the past couple of nights.

Bora was suddenly worried. "Y/N, what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"Yes," she mumbled, not wanting to tell her sister what was going through her head and her thoughts about Tae-hyung. Bora would surely start to worry about her.

"Y/N, look at me. What are you not telling me?"

"Nothing. I am just tired." Y/N looked at her sister.

"You need a break. I need you to stay home today. Get some rest," Bora stated.

"No. I need to go. I have a lot of things to take care of." Y/N stoodup to leave.

"Y/N, stop. I wanted you to help Mr. Kim for a little bit, so you didn't get bored while you wait for your visa because I know it bothered you not to do anything, but this... I don't need you stressed like this."

Y/N looked at Bora. "Is that why you forced me to help him?"

"Yes, and you were the easiest replacement I could find so quickly."Bora laughed.

Y/N laughed, hugging her sister. "I love you like I hate you."

"So, take a sick day. I will call and let Mr. Kim know."

"That's okay. I will text him." Y/N smiled and sent a quick text saying she was not feeling well and put her phone away. "What do you want to do?"

Bora smiled moving close to Y/N. "Don't tell Mom, but I want to go eat breakfast at the street vendor by that lake. My cravings."

"Let's go then. We can bring her back some food and ask for forgiveness later." Y/N winked.

An hour later, Y/N and her sister sat on a bench on the lakeshore looking out into the water. Y/N was sitting next to Bora, but she could not get Tae-hyung out of her mind. She remembered the day he had spent away from the office and how lost she felt, and she felt worse.

"Y/N, you have that look again. What are you not telling me?" Bora probed.

"Okay, Suho almost took me on a first date, but Mr. Kim stopped it." Y/N figured it was better to tell her sister about something that had happened in the past and how everything was fine now.

"Oh my God. You were the bait? How dare he? He is going to hear about it," Bora growled, making Y/N laugh.

"Wait, you guys have that kind of dynamics? I thought you were like a compliant worker bee."

"Hey, that is such an insult. I may be listed as his executive assistant, but I am more like his advisor, mother, big sister, and his wing-woman because I kind of set him up on dates as well." Bora shrugged.

"Wait. What? You set up dates for him?"

"Yeah. He is young and too busy to find the right match, so I interview or rather talk to possible dates and set him up."