Chapter 10 || Dictator

Y/n stood frozen and hoped Tae-hyung would walk past her so that she could go into the lobby without having to talk to him. She was surprised to see him leave the building as he did not have any offsite meetings that day.

"There you are, I was just about to text you." Tae-hyung's tone was casual, but his eyes played tricks on her as he pretended not to notice her different style of dressing.

"Why?" She maintained a steady tone, but she was feeling extremely uncomfortable, especially when his expression was teasing her. He was clearly amused by her outfit, and she only wished he said something, so she could stop feeling weird about how she was dressed.

"We have a meeting to attend. Let's go."

"No, you don't. All your meetings are here." She had memorized his schedule every day, and because he didn't like to change his schedule unless it was an urgent matter, usually there weren't a lot of changes.

"As of thirty minutes ago, I do. We need to leave now."

"I... I need to..." She wanted to change back into her work attire and get out of the overly village-belle style of dressing she had on.

"You can use my laptop. We don't have a lot of time," Tae-hyung urged as the SUV pulled up at the front of the building.

She could not believe she would be attending a meeting in a old fashioned maxi gown, dressed and made up to make herself look shy and overly traditional.

"Mr. Kim, I can't attend a meeting like this."

"Yes, you can. A maxi gown is considered business casual in Korea."

She rolled her eyes as he held the door open for her. She slid into the back seat and was about to scoot over to the other side for Tae-hyung to get in, but before she could, he shut the door and opened the front passenger door to sit in the front, which he rarely did.

Y/n was thankful for being out of his line of sight as she pulled open the tight braid she had on and ran her fingers through her hair, letting her hair fall loosely over her shoulders. Next, she found a lipstick and eye pencil and touched up her look discretely.

"Where are we headed, Mr. Kim?"

"New deal. Song's Group partners, Guro Hospitals' chairman wants to meet with me."

"About what?"

"We will find out soon," Tae-hyung said from the front seat.

She had heard about the Guro chain of specialty hospitals, but she could not figure out why they wanted to meet so urgently. She pulled up her phone and pulled up information on the group, and it looked like they had been investing in a lot of research and innovations concerning medical devices.

"Do you think they are interested in any of the medical devices?" Y/n asked, scrolling through the information on her phone.

Tae-hyung did not respond immediately, so she looked up, and their eyes met in the rearview mirror. From the way his eyes were narrowed, she could tell he was smiling.

"The Song's Group acquisition was the bait to get Guro Hospitals to work with us."

"I don't understand." Y/n shook her head, her eyes locked with his in the mirror.

"We need to get the Genie into Guro Hospitals across the country."

His tone was calm, but something sparked inside her. The Genie was a patented medical device that produced a diagnostic health report to provide customized medical care for patients.

Guro Hospitals had gained a lot of visibility for attempting to personalize the care for an individual based on their genealogy report.

"Oh my God. Song's Group has been working on building the technology solution for the hospital group based on patient data, and Genie can now use the data from the hospital records for history and build on the new results." She laughed out with excitement.