Chapter 28 || Baby

“Y/N… baby, your phone is ringing,” his voice was groggy, his breath warm in her ear. The room was dark, and she wasn’t sure what time it was, but she reached for her phone in the dark room as it vibrated on the side table next to the bed.

She looked at the screen and saw that Bora was calling, and her slumber state swept away from her. “Bora, is everything okay?”

“No… I mean yes. I am in labor, and Jimin and I are on our way to the hospital. I just called Mom and Dad, and they are on their way to the hospital, the same one you took me to last time.”

“What? When did Jimin come back?”

Bora laughed. “He surprised me by coming back early and… look what you did, Jimin.”

“What did he do?” Y/N scrunched her nose.

“Well, he brought me home and made so much love to me because he missed me, the baby wants to come out.” Bora laughed.

“Eeew… too much information.”

“Okay, fine. Just come to the hospital. I don’t think these are fake contractions.”

Y/N let out a squeal of joy. “Is the baby really coming this time?”

“Yes. I think so, and if the baby is coming tonight, I want you to be here.”

“Yes, yes… I’m coming.” She ended the call and turned to look at Tae-hyung, who was now wide awake and smiling at her. “I think I am going to be an aunt today. I will get my Jiwoo, too, or a little dude.”

He laughed, pushing away the sheets and pulling on his track pants over the boxers he had on. “Let’s go.”

“No. I’m gonna go, you go back to sleep. Sorry I woke you up.” She scrambled, gathering her clothes that were all over the room. She grabbed her purse and looked at Tae-hyung taking out his wallet and car keys. “Tae-hyung… no… I’ll go by myself. Please… it’s almost six in the morning.”

“No.”

She knew from his tone, he was not going to change his mind. “You can’t go into the hospital with me. Remember, I was supposed to be with someone, just not you, according to Bora.”

“I am going to take you to the hospital.”

She went up on her toes and kissed him, smiling. “You are the best.” After spending a wonderful day and two memorable nights with Tae-hyung, she was looking forward to spending another day with him, and she was bummed to be leaving in such a hurry, but she was too eager to see her sister.

“Which hospital?” he asked when they got into the car.

“The one I took her to last time… remember you showed up in the middle of the night?”

He nodded. “I remember. Bora had sent me a frenzy of texts about the presentation, and when I asked her where she was, she told me she was in the hospital.”

“I thought it was too creepy for you to show up at the hospital.”

He laughed with his eyes on the road. “I was on my way home, and the hospital is literally on my way. I wanted to make sure she was not worrying about office stuff. You think that is creepy?”

“maybe not, but if you go into the hospital with me, it would be totally creepy.” She laughed.

“I know.”

“Thank you for…” her words faded when he reached out to pat her on her knee.

“You don’t need to thank me.”