Chapter 25 || Counting 🔞

Y/N's mind was in a turmoil, but she decided not to think too much into the future and decided to enjoy the evening with Tae-hyung.

Good food, soft music playing in the background, and the slight tingle of a cool breeze added to the mood that evening.

Most of their conversations were about their days in college, and she was surprised to find out that Tae-hyung had lived in the same neighborhood in New York when he went to college in America. She felt antsy around him, something she had not felt before even when she had disagreements with him or when she sat right next to him in meetings, but that night felt different.

After dinner, they settled into the wicker couch that was set to one side. She sat on the couch looking out at the city lights waiting for Tae-hyung to come back from changing his shirt that got stained while he was grilling.

Y/N smiled to herself thinking back on how different the first few weeks were when they started working together, and now she was having an amazing time with him. She looked toward the door when she heard his footsteps. He appeared holding a tub of ice cream and a huge blanket.

"You are amazing. Just what I wanted."

"At your service." He smirked and pulled the center table closer to them and placed the tub and two spoons on the lid and handed her the blanket.

She hugged the blanket to her chest and said, "Sleeping under the stars was the most favorite part of my trip to my grandpa's village. I miss it so much... can we hang out here?"

"Sure. I was hoping we could watch a movie, but we can watch the stars if we can actually see them with all the pollution."

"I'll do anything to stay up here. Let's watch a movie." She rolled herself like a burrito with the fluffy blanket he brought.

"It's okay. We can hang out here and not watch a movie." He sat next to her, stretching his long legs on the center table.

She smiled, looking at him. "You are such a sweet guy outside the office. How are you still single?"

"maybe because I didn't meet you before." His words made her breath hitch, but she brushed it away as a casual, flirtatious comment.

"Right." She smiled, enjoying the way he looked at her as he sat to one side of the couch.

"So, are we even with our kisses?" He looked at her with a spark in his eyes.

She smiled, nodding as she pulled her lip between her teeth. "Yes, we are."

"What if I want to start a new score?" His voice was soft.

"What if that's a bad idea?"

"Why would it be a bad idea?"

"We work together."

"So?" He shrugged, taking her hand in his, pulling her close to him.

"It's not a good idea."

He leaned close to her, pulling her closer to him, his fingers running into her hair, his lips warm on her skin as he traced her jawline and whispered, his breath hot, "You are fired."

She laughed, pulling him closer. "You can't fire me. I don't work for you."

He groaned, leaning into her, his face inches from hers. "I am going to kiss you now because that is all I have been thinking about all day. You can kiss me back to even out the score."