Chapter 11 || meeting

"What time will you be back? Are you coming back home tonight?" Bora asked, winking at y/n later that evening.

"Why wouldn't I be coming back home tonight?" Y/n scrunched her nose.

"What if you meet a hot guy and decide to... you know?" Bora laughed.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "I am meeting Rose."

"I know, but you could meet someone there, right?" Bora laughed.

"Stop sounding like Mom and Dad. They were busy trying to get me married until a few days back, and you are hoping I would go out with someone. Can a girl not be single?"

"Someone so hot and smart like you... look at those legs and your flat belly and..." Y/n interjected. "Stop. You look so beautiful with the baby belly. You have no idea."

Bora rubbed her hand over her belly, smiling. "Thank you. But if you need to spend the night somewhere, do it."

"I will let you know when I need you to let me in from the side door. For now, I am good." Y/n laughed, gathering her evening bag and phone.

"Have fun!"

"Will do, Unnie." Y/n was excited to see her friend she had not seen since she left New York.

The place where she was supposed to meet her friend was thirty minutes away, and it was one of those restaurants with outdoor seating with live music playing. She checked in under the reservation she had made and was told by the hostess that her friend had arrived and was in the patio area.

"Rose," y/n called out when she saw her friend looking at her phone, seated to one side of the patio.

"Y/naah..." Rose squealed, getting up to throw her arms around y/n.

Y/n smiled. "So good to see you."

Rose pulled back. "How have you been? You look gorgeous, by the way."

"Thank you. You, too."

Rose and y/n are good friends from college and ended up working for the same company after college. Y/n had quit that company because of a bad breakup she had with a guy she worked with on the same team at that time.

Rose talked about how she met a guy in her travels, and she was considering living with him to figure things out. At that moment, y/n knew she wanted an adventure to meet the one for her and not arranged by her parents.

They ordered a few drinks followed by the chef's specialties and spent hours catching up.

"What's new with you?" Rose asked.

Y/n shrugged. "I am waiting for my visa paperwork and helping out Bora with her work since she is on bed rest."

"Is she still working?" Rose scrunched her nose.

"Well, technically, I am working her job."

"What? What are you working on? A new adventure?" Rose looked excited.

Y/n laughed. "Quite adventurous because I am working for my sister's boss, and he is a piece of work."

"Oh yeah? I want to know more." Rose winked.

Y/n shook her head. "I seriously prefer not talking about him."

"Oh my, is he that hot? Hotter than your ex?" Rose giggled.

"You've had too much to drink." Y/n smiled.

"Just tell me is he hotter than your ex, just so I can gauge?" she pleaded.

Y/n took a deep breath and nodded. "So hot, he makes my ex look like a teenager."

"Is he single?"

Y/n laughed. "Why are you so curious?"