Chapter 5 || Ungrateful asshole

Five hours into her sister's job, she had a newfound respect and appreciation for all executive assistants of CEOS. What may have, in her mind, seemed like an easy job of managing someone's schedule turned out to be a lot more challenging. It required a high level of patience and a calm manner, neither of which were Y/n's strongest points, starting with scheduling the right amount of time for his meetings to highlighting the parts of the contracts he needs to pay attention to, especially the language that was critical for the merger. Y/n looked through the highlighted parts of the document and reviewed her sister's comments from two nights ago before she was rushed to the hospital.

Y/n looked up when she heard determined footsteps walking down the marble floor to find three men in suits walk toward her and knew they had to be his lawyer and his team. The men didn't bother asking if Tae-hyung was ready for them, and she knew he was still wrapping up his call.

"Mr. Jeon, Mr. Kim is still in a meeting. I will let you know when he is ready for you," y/n called out from her desk.

The man looked at his watch and then at her as if indicating it was time for their meeting, but y/n didn't care for the arrogant looks. She wasn't there to go out of her way to make everyone happy, so she didn't bother saying anything to soften the man's unhappiness to wait a little longer to meet Tae-hyung.

A few minutes later, the phone on her desk buzzed, and she knew it was Tae-hyung. Before she could say anything, he issued an order, "I want you and Mr. Jeon to come into the office. His assistants stay outside."

She was shocked to hear what he said but nodded and ended the call.

"Mr. Jeon, he only wants to see you in his office."

"What?" The man looked visibly upset, but he nodded at the other two men and started walking toward Tae-hyung's office.

Y/n followed the lawyer holding her laptop, and when she stepped into the room and closed the door behind her, the lawyer looked surprised. "Is she going to be part of this conversation?"

"Yes," Tae-hyung said with a lot of authority and added, "This is my assistant covering for Bora."

Y/n,

"Okay." The lawyer didn't look thrilled, especially since his assistants who were probably working on the lawsuit had to wait outside.

"How do we deal with the lawsuit, Mr. Jeon?"

The lawyer opened his file and said, "We have to make a settlement, and since we don't want this in the media, this is going to be expensive." Y/n's eyes almost bugged out when the lawyer read out the exact language in the lawsuit and what the hotel was claiming in the lawsuit. The damages were caused by a vehicle being driven into the lobby of the hotel causing furniture and construction damage. She slowly raised her eyes to Tae-hyung as he looked at the lawyer. A feeling of disgust rolled in her stomach.

As she ran her eyes over his handsome face, y/n could not deny that Tae-hyung was the most stunning man she had ever met. From what her sister said, he has a successful business, but this wild side of him made him look unattractive. It made him seem repulsive and not someone who could move mounds with a slight smile.

She looked away from him, unable to look at him anymore. She was glad she did because just as she looked down at her laptop, she felt his eyes on her. He was looking at her as the lawyer continued to read through the details of the lawsuit.

Why was he looking at her? Was he trying to read her reaction to what the lawyer was saying? Was he trying to figure out if she were judging him? Why does he care what she thought, but she was sure he noticed the way her eyes widened to what the lawyer was reading?