Chapter 4 || First day

"I would like to use my own transportation starting tomorrow, and I will meet you at the office directly." Y/n's words made him look up from his laptop as they rode in the back seat of his SUV on their way to the office, shortly after breakfast.

He looked at her for a long moment and nodded. "Sure. Whatever works for you."

Something ticked inside, and before she could stop herself from saying the words, it was too late. "Starting at six in the morning and waiting around for you to work out and get dressed is ridiculous. Highly unprofessional as well."

He chuckled, surprising her. "Yes, it is an early start, but that's what Bora decided worked best for her, and I didn't oppose it because she has proven over time that catching up in the morning was very efficient. I don't care what schedule you want to keep as long as the work gets done."

"Okay." It surprised her that it was her sister's idea to start at six and work with him even during his personal time. She made a mental note to talk to her sister about the ridiculousness and stop the madness.

"Are you comfortable taking care of the termination with the Human Resources team today?" He kept his eyes on the screen. She remembered the item on the list her sister had given her about firing someone.

"Who is being terminated?"

"Bora's assistant."

She scrunched her nose, surprised that her sister had an assistant. "Should I be the one doing it?"

"HR will take care of it, and you only need to be present to represent Bora because I am not allowed to be at the meeting." The way he said it, she knew it had to be something controversial.

"I guess I'll have to be present." She wondered why he was not allowed at the meeting.

"You will. I have notified HR of your representation, and you will see the details on Bora's calendar. You will also need to sign a non-disclosure agreement and other documents that are part of our company policy." His tone was insistent, and she found that to be unnecessary.

Was he as annoyed as her with the situation? She was surprised he even agreed for her to cover for her sister, considering she was a stranger with no experience in this area. She nodded in response to his instruction, curbing the need to ask why he was okay to have her work with him-a complete stranger stepping into her sister's role-but decided against starting a conversation and kept to herself for the rest of the ride.

Twenty minutes later, they arrived at the office building, and she followed him to the seventh floor where his office was located. The building was familiar to her as she had walked her sister to her desk a couple of times during weekends when she had to pick up something from her office.

Y/n looked around the empty office space as it was too early for most people to be in for work. She saw Tae-hyung disappear into his office and closed the door behind him. Based on his schedule, he was going to be in back-to-back meetings for the rest of the day.

She sat at her sister's desk wondering what her sister really did all day. Her sister graduated from the top business school in Korea and chose to work as an executive assistant to a CEO. Why she chose to be the one to maintain someone's schedule and respond to non-urgent emails, y/n could not figure out. And her sister had an assistant? It was definitely not the kind of environment she was accustom to working in compared to her job in New York.

Over the next hour, people trickled into the office, and some folks gave her a suspicious look, others just nodded at her, but no one approached her. She looked up when she heard someone near her.