Chapter 33 || Right Moment

Tae-hyung looked at his messages that morning and was surprised to see a message from Bora.

Bora: I will be reporting back to work today.

It had been two weeks since the accident, and Hyun returned home from the hospital the previous night, and just like he had promised himself, he went looking for Y/N and was told by her parents that she was out of town, with no further details.

Bora showed up promptly at his place at seven just like she had the past couple of years. She maintained extreme professionalism, and she got right down to talking business and said nothing to him about anything else. After the initial hour of catch-up, they headed to the office.

"Where is she?" Tae-hyung asked finally, unable to bear not knowing.

"Who, Mr.kim?"

He took a deep breath. "Y/N."

"She left for New York." Bora kept her voice stern.

"That's enough bullshit. I know she hasn't left the country."

Bora gave him the look that reminded him of how similar she and his mother were in mannerisms.

"Don't give me that look. I know I fucked up. Where is she?" he demanded.

"She is not here, Tae-hyung, and I don't think she wants to see you. Isn't that what you wanted?"

Tae-hyung's heart sank into his stomach, and his breathing became ragged. It was exactly what he wanted at that time based on the situation, but now, nothing seemed to give him happiness without her. He was happy when he reunited Jiwoo with her father, joyful to see his parents hug his brother, and relieved when his brother came back home with no long-term injuries, but it was as if Tae-hyung didn't know how to rejoice without her.

He ran his fingers through his hair, looking out of the window in frustration.

"I wish I had told her how much I loved her before..."

Bora listened to what he said, but she did not respond, and he took in a deep breath and said, "Tell her to give me one more chance... just one more, and I promise to love her for eternity."

There was a silence that followed before Bora nodded and looked away from Tae-hyung.

"You were wrong to treat my sister that way, and if Jimin had treated me that way, I would never want to be with him. No one deserves to be treated as you treated Y/N." Bora's voice held anger.

"Please, tell her... tell her to give me a chance."

"You didn't give her a chance to explain, and she felt miserable about being the reason for Hyun's accident."

Tae-hyung took a long deep breath. "If she loves me as much as I love her, she will forgive me. I just need a chance... one last chance."

Tae-hyung knew Bora was key for him to get to Y/N, to see her again, to tell her he was scared and was wrong to have done what he said to her. He was ready to do whatever it took to get Y/N back.