Chapter 17 || Hugging

Y/N's breath wavered when she saw the spark in his eyes in response to her willingness to pretend they were strangers. She smiled when he extended his hand and said, "I'm Kim Taehyung."

She let out a laugh shaking his hand. "I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

"What are you doing here, Y/N?" He winked, and that did something to her on the inside, and she decided to ride with it, enjoying the way her name rolled off his lips.

She leaned closer to him, suddenly feeling at ease and said, "I am a party crasher."

"Interesting. And why are you crashing this party?"

"I was told there are a lot of celebrities here with all the hot movie stars under one roof. I'm here for them." She looked away to scan the crowd.

"See anyone you like?" His question made her look back at him, and she noted the shift in his tone.

"Not really. How about you? I saw you talk to that actress." She smiled and saw the end of his mouth twist up in amusement as if in response to a snicker she suppressed.

"What do you think? Is she a good actress?"

"I haven't watched any of her movies, but she is pretty." She tried very hard to keep her tone casual and steady while she was feeling a burn of what she realized was jealousy. She was not handling the fact that Tae-hyung was being set up with the actress very well.
What did she want? To be the one to be with him?

"Is that all a man should look for in a woman? Only if she is pretty?" His voice was low, and his words sent a hum through her.

"What do you want in a woman?" she asked.

He looked at her for a long moment without responding, and she thought her heart was going to crack her ribcage at the rate at which it was beating in her chest. "Someone strong yet caring, not shy about voicing their opinion, someone who enjoys a quiet evening at home rather than being at a party, and someone who knows how to pick killer birthday presents for a seven-year-old."

Y/N held his gaze, his eyes boring into hers like he was making a point. She could not tell if he was kidding or if he were serious because what he said about picking a birthday gift for a seven-year-old implied her, but she knew he could be playing her. She looked away from him, smiling and nodded toward the group gathered in the backyard.

"I'm sure you can find someone you find interesting here at the party."

"I may have already found someone very interesting." He kept his eyes on her even though she was looking at the group of people at the party.

For an unknown amount of time, a silence fell over them, but she could hear the crackling between them, the air electrified with the growing tension between them. She finally averted her eyes from the group of people to the man standing next to her, the one who had invaded her dreams the past few weeks, however much she tried to ignore the sensations and thoughts that excited her.

She smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "Mr. Kim, what are you doing?"

He shrugged. "I am talking to Y/N, who I just met."

She rolled her eyes, managing to keep the smile, although her breath was coming fast in response to how close he stood to her. "You should be spending time with your other guests and not the party crasher."

"What if I find the party crasher very interesting?" His voice was deep as he looked into her eyes in the dim light.

She looked away from him and through the glass door to find Bora in deep conversation with Tae-hyung's Mom. She took a deep breath debating if she should make an exit at that point and stop the conversation or let it happen and see where it went?