Chapter 9 || Lunch date

"You have lost it." Y/n snapped, unable to believe her ears.

His brow furrowed, and he narrowed his eyes in response to her reaction, "I know what I am doing. Do it."

She let out a frustrated huff and opened her laptop. "Do you want me to cancel just for today or the entire meeting series?"

He thought for a moment. "Actually, that's better. Cancel the entire series of meetings."

"I have no idea what you are doing, but this is ridiculous, and you will lose the opportunity to take over the Song's Group."

"I know what I am doing, and if you want to walk away right now, feel free." He looked away from her.

Y/n grit her teeth wanting to scream and call him a crazy man and use many other curse words, but she could not break the promise she made to her sister and put her sister's employment at risk. "Why do I care? It's your company."

He smirked, and the dimple that rarely appeared surfaced, teasing her. "Yes. And your sister tells me you are looking to start your own company someday, so this might help. Watch and learn."

Cocky. Arrogant. Rude. How could anyone be all of these? "Sure. I am sure I can learn a lot," she said but thought to herself that she will learn what not to do.

"Turn off your phone." He nodded, looking at her cell phone.

"Why?"

"Didn't you just agree to watch and learn?"

"Fine." She turned off her phone and looked at him and said, "Now what?"

"Let's eat."

Fifteen minutes passed, and they ate in silence. There was no denying that the food was delicious, and y/n was almost distracted from her worry around cancelling the merger meetings. She kept looking at the time knowing it would soon be time to start the meeting that was now cancelled. She tried to focus on the authentic food in front of her, but she could not. She knew it was a matter of time before people would be calling her before they reached out to Tae-hyung.

"What are you doing?" She couldn't take the anxiety anymore. "If you have a plan, I need you to share that with me. Now. You can't keep me in the dark like this."

"Do you know how important it is to get Song's Group to merge with my company?"

She shrugged. "I am told it is very important."

"Who knows how important this deal is for me?" His question was rhetorical because almost everyone who worked on the merger knew the importance. She looked at him. silence, and he added,

"How important the deal is for me, the Song's Group knows, and that's why they have been playing hard to get. Cancelling this meeting will send them a message, and if I am not mistaken, they are probably calling your phone right now. When they can't reach you, I will get a call from the man who had not been showing up to meetings to close the deal."

"Who?"

"The chairman, who has been the man behind the curtain all along."

"How will cancelling a meeting make any difference?" She rolled her eyes.

"Fear. They want this deal to go through but on their terms, and I have no such interest."

Y/n hated to accept that he had a point, but it was not the right thing to do. He was risking losing the deal, but she was intrigued. "I will watch and learn."

Time passed, and they wrapped their breakfast up when Tae-hyung's phone started to ring. She looked at him in surprise as he handed her his phone. "Answer the call, and when he asks where I am, tell him I am having breakfast with an important person."