Chapter 14 || Doll house

"Who was that man? I have no idea how he got into the building." Y/n managed to ask after almost ten minutes into the drive.

"Let's talk later," Tae-hyung said, holding the little girl to him, and y/n noticed the bruising on his knuckles in the dim light from the streetlights.

Y/n followed his directions and pulled in front of a huge house, more like a mansion with tall walls surrounding it. She got out of the driver's seat and went around to open the passenger door for him, so he could get out of the car while holding the child who had been silent throughout the ride. She wondered what he had whispered to her that she stopped crying and stayed silent throughout the ride.

"Let's get you to bed, sweetheart," Tae-hyung whispered, and y/n clung to the door for support as her knees weakened in response to the endearment in his voice.

A man who demanded and commanded his way in the office was capable of being a caring person, and it somehow shocked and melted her on the inside in a very different way. What was flaring at that moment was something different from the attraction and need she had previously felt for him.

"I don't want to go to sleep. You will leave as soon as I sleep," Jiwoo whined.

He smiled, planting a kiss on her forehead. "I'm not going anywhere tonight. I don't even have a car."

Jiwoo sat up looking at him. "Will you play with me?"

"As always."

"But..." the little girl looked sad as she added, "I wanted to play with my new gifts, but they are all there."

Y/n remembered the gift she had not taken out of the car. "Your gift from Mr. Kim is in the car."

"Taetae, you got me a gift?" The young girl smiled, and he laughed, wiping away the moisture on her cheeks.

"What did you get me?" Tae-hyung looked at y/n and said, "I am not going to tell you because it is a surprise."

He had no idea what she had purchased for his niece. The way he had ordered her to get a gift for a seven-year-old, she had assumed he didn't care about the child, but after what she saw, he just didn't know what to buy which she thought wasn't as bad as it had appeared when he ordered her to buy a gift.

Jiwoo was suddenly bouncing with energy, and y/n opened the trunk of her SUV and heard the squeals of joy at the sight of the big box that was gift wrapped beautifully.

"What is it?"

Y/n laughed, holding Jiwoo away from the car, watching Tae-hyung unload the box and carry it indoors.

"I don't know what Mr. Kim got, but I am sure you will like it."

"Y/n, come with me. I want you to see what it is." Jiwoo pulled on her hand.

"I'm... I need to go. You..." She looked up from Jiwoo in Tae-hyung's direction when she saw him stop at the top of the stairs. He nodded, gesturing her to join them, and she followed.

"I need to go in five minutes." She followed Jiwoo into the house.

Y/n stepped into the house and was blown away with the simplicity and elegance of the space.

"Y/n, come." Jiwoo clapped as Tae-hyung placed the huge box in the middle of the living area.

"Ready, Jiwoo?" Tae-hyung smiled, and she was relieved to see him smile.

"Wait, let me get a picture of the two of you before you rip it open." Y/n pulled out her phone.

She looked at the phone screen, her eyes going to his face and the way he was looking at her, but she brushed away the sensations and clicked the picture. "Time to open your present, Jiwoo."