Chapter 8 || Thoughts

Over the next couple of weeks, Y/n had fallen into a groove, figuring out to some extent how to work with an arrogant man like Tae-hyung. She had learned not to get rattled by his tone or his words, but every time she saw his muscles in his arms flex while he power-lifted, it sent shudders through her, and she flatly ignored them refusing to acknowledge any of the sensations.

The day of the meeting with the Song's Group, her third week on the job, Tae-hyung wanted to start early and go to the office. When he told her they wouldn't be meeting at his house at six thirty like all the other days, she was banking on the extra hour of sleep before he clarified that he intended to start the day in the office at the same time.

Y/n took her laptop and was about to leave home when her father called out to her.

"Dad, the car to pick me up is on the way."

"Y/n, I only need one minute." Her father never lost his cool, not so easily.

Y/n smiled. "I am listening."

"Keep your lunchtime free tomorrow. Seok-jin, my friend's son, is going to come by to meet you." Her father's tone was casual.

"Why does he want to meet me?" Y/n was distracted as she checked the status of the car on her phone.

"Y/n, Seok-jin lives in New Jersey, and he came to Korea on a business trip. His father is also looking for a suitable match for him, and I think you should meet him and consider him a match for marriage."

"Dad, not again. I told you I am waiting for my visa paperwork to be ready. I don't need to get married to go back to New York."

Her dad shook his head like he was not going to take no for an answer, and she knew there was no point in arguing with him first thing in the morning.

"What time is he coming to see me? You know he and I didn't have a great conversation when I met him a few years ago."

"Tomorrow, during lunch. I have asked him to meet you at your office, so it is like a casual meet. You met him when you were in college, and he was young at that time. His father asked as a favor, and I want to see if you'll like him."

Y/n thought for a moment. "Fine. What if he doesn't like me?" Her father laughed.

"It is impossible that Seok-jin will not like you, but it will be his loss, and I will be happy telling my friend that it is their loss."

"Okay, if this meet doesn't go well, then you will not ask me to meet any more guys before I go to New York. Promise?"

Her father smiled. "I promise."

"You are the best, Daddd."

"But, promise me, if you fall in love with someone, you will tell me and let me be a part of your wedding." Her father's tone was somewhat solemn, and she knew it had to do with how he had dreamed about the fabulous and grand wedding ceremony for Bora and Jimin.

"I promise, Dad. I won't elope like Bora."

Her father laughed. "I am happy for her, sweetheart. Jimin is a wonderful man, but I am just the selfish father who wants the memories of a beautiful wedding. It has to be your wedding now."

"Love you, Dad." She smiled, and her father followed her out the door to send her off.

"Y/n, you haven't eaten breakfast," her mother called out to her.

"No, Mom. We have the big merger meeting today, so don't wait for me. I'll be late." She took a sip of her smoothie as she stepped out of the house to be ready to go when the car arrived.