Volume 1: Prologue

Prologue: Sakura Airi's Soliloquy

I'm a failure of a human being.

All my life, I've been alone. A shadow of a shadow.

None of my classmates in junior and elementary school noticed me.

But could I blame them? I was a nobody.

I couldn't talk to anyone other than my family members.

I couldn't even look people in the eye because I was afraid of people.

But now I'm different.

Thanks to Kiyotaka-kun, my crush, and my best friends in our group formed thanks to Kiyotaka-kun, I was able to break out of my shell and become more confident in talking to people and looking them in the eye.

And while this broke my heart exponentially, I also had to thank Karuizawa-san for dating Kiyotaka-kun because that allowed me to really break out of the chains that haunted me and become the girl I always dreamt to become, but believed I never would.

...It really sounds sad when I put it like that.

I shook my head as I stared at the building directly in front of me.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School.

The school I was able to enter despite my terrible grades and terrible athletics.

I made quite a number of memories here, but now I was leaving the school behind in pursuit of a dream I've had for some time.

But that's not the only thing I'm leaving the school for.

Yes.

I have a mission. A mission only I was entrusted with. And I need to complete it for him.

Because if I don't, I will never be able to pay him back for all he did for me.

And most of all...

I won't be able to protect him.

Because after all...

If I can't prove myself useful to him, then I can't stand by his side as a true family member of the Ayanokouji Group.

So as I turn my back to the place I created all those memories, I'll start more by being the useful spy I've been tasked to be.

Watch me... Kiyotaka-kun.

End of Prologue...

A/N:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to All or Nothing, my latest COTE fanfic project. As of now, I'm going to keep these Author Notes short, as everything I want to talk about will be in my Endnotes. Let me just say, thank you for being patient and I hope you enjoy the first volume. This prologue may have already given you a spoiler of what the ending is likely to be, but you may still be surprised by the ending. Anyway, poor Airi! Let's read on to find on what happened to her. Hope you enjoy!

- rainy26541 (G-String)

P.S. Did you all see the OP and ED for Season 2? Feel free to tell me what you think. I thought they were alright, though I can't be the only one who thought Hatsune Miku was doing the ED, right?