Volume 2: Chapter 1 Intro

==========================================================

Intro

Breakfast was a very important meal to have for humans who were still young. For the students of the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, who lived alone in their own dorms provided on the school grounds, that meant they were responsible for making their own breakfasts in the mornings.

For most of the young students who lived at this school, many of them only had time to just make a piece of toast. However, there were a few students who had all the time in the world to make a deluxe collection of food that combined to make a great traditional Japanese breakfast.

At 7:30am on Monday, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka sat at his dorm room's dining table. He appeared completely lost in thought as his eyes were distant and his body was still, almost lifeless.

"Kiyotaka. It's ready!"

Appearing from the door frame that led to the kitchen, Karuizawa Kei walked towards the dining table holding a tray. She placed that tray on the dining table and then sat down at the seat opposite to Kiyotaka.

"This is the first time I've cooked something this large so I apologise if it's not exactly perfect. I'm still learning, hehe..." Kei awkwardly chuckled as she handed Kiyotaka some chopsticks.

Kiyotaka accepted the chopsticks being handed to him and stared at the food in front of him. It was a traditional Japanese breakfast, consisting of steamed white rice, miso soup, fermented soy beans, grilled fish, pickled vegetables, seasoned dried seaweed and vegetable sides. A full set it appeared to be and it was finished with two cups of green tea.

He opened up the chopsticks and began snatching one of every piece to taste. Kei watched in anticipation as her boyfriend tried out her cooking. Was it good or was it a flop? She could only wait and hear the answer come from her taste tester.

Kiyotaka had his eyes closed as he chewed and then swallowed, only opening them up again after a few seconds. Those golden, almost voidless, eyes drew themselves towards Kei and he opened his mouth to speak.

"Frankly speaking, this is not a bad first attempt. The miso soup and rice are perfect, but the vegetables seem too dry, the seaweed has too much seasoning and the fish has been overcooked."

"Ehhhhhh!?"

Kei exclaimed in shock and grabbed a few pieces to see her work herself. She immediately agreed with him after tasting it. It appeared that Kei didn't exactly taste test her own work before handing it as breakfast to her boyfriend. Kiyotaka could only wonder what would happen if all of this food tasted worse.

Whenever Kiyotaka and Kei had breakfast, lunch or dinner at either of their dorms, due to Kei not exactly learning how to cook, Kiyotaka was the one who ended up doing most of the cooking. However, as time passed, Kei decided to take up cooking lessons and so the two mostly shared cooking responsibilities.