Volume 2: Chapter 1 Part 1

==========================================================

Part 1

When the time reached around half past 8, Kiyotaka and Kei left the former's dorm room and made their way to the elevator. Luckily for the two of them, the elevator was not that busy so they were easily able to get into it no problem.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask but how is your relationship with Shinohara after what happened?"

When they were in the elevator, Kiyotaka decided to bring up a topic he had long forgotten about since the end of the exam.

"Shinohara-san? Well... Matsushita-san, Maya-chan, Nene-chan and I tried to go to her room over the weekend to apologise and reconcile with her, but she didn't even open the door for us. It's most likely she completely ignored our presence at the door because she was still mad at us. We haven't tried again since yesterday."

"I see..."

"In these types of situations, it gets more difficult to rebuild relationships when the two parties are both girls. Unlike boys, girls are more stubborn, as you've seen with how I previously portrayed myself, so they take longer to deal with these situations."

Before Kei got close to Kiyotaka, her image as a stubborn gyaru girl was well known across the school. Kiyotaka even felt the grunt from Kei when he tried to make her his closest ally and learn more about her. Girls like Shinohara, who looked up to Kei's gyaru persona, didn't surprise him that much that they ended up like this.

[To be honest, I would actually be more surprised if things didn't turn out like this.] He thought.

When the elevator arrived at the ground floor, the two of them exited the nearly cramped shaft and made their way to the exit that led to the outside campus.

However, as they passed by the waiting area where a load of couches and single chairs stood, they spotted a familiar face which consisted of short yet growing black hair and deep red eyes. Seeing her gaze towards them, Kiyotaka decided it was just best to go talk to her, even if he didn't exactly want to at this time.

Kei followed behind him, also slightly dissatisfied at this.

"Are you waiting for someone?" He asked, seeing how Horikita seemed hesitant to speak, despite looking like she wanted to.

"Yes... I'm waiting for Kushida-san."

Kiyotaka already knew this, but he wanted to goad the answer out of the girl in front of him. Horikita usually never waited for anyone in front of the dorms, not even for him. And after everything that happened last Friday, the only reason Horikita would be waiting here would be for Kushida.

When he got a better look at Horikita, he noticed a small detail in her posture and something below her eyes.

"You seem extremely exhausted."