Volume 1: Epilogue Part 4

Part 4

When the results were displayed on the screen, the entire class was silent. Even Chabashira, who had been watching the fierce exchange from the front of the classroom, was silent. She was now meant to report the end of the exam, but instead, she just looked at Airi and Haruka silently.

"Ah, ah, Chabashira-sensei. Please proceed."

The invigilator, who had so far been silent and calm, except for the minimum of cautions and warnings, seemed to have forgotten to remind us about the signal for the end of the special examination. He spoke within the silence and told Chabashira to continue, however he felt an intense glare coming from a few students, which silenced him further and made his body stiffen up.

Chabashira shook her head and, reluctantly, spoke again.

"With regard to the expulsion of Sakura Airi from school by an unanimous vote in favour, the last task is completed. 100 class points will be awarded in response to this result. Just to be clear, there is only one way to undo this expulsion. Only if you have 20 million private points at this moment and use them..."

After being chosen to be expelled from school, Airi stared straight ahead, as if she had accepted everything. On the other hand, Haruka, who couldn't protect her, tried her best to hold back her sobs, but she couldn't hide them from the speechless class.

"I don't think I need to explain any further."

Sensing further dread, Chabashira stopped her explanation. Even if Class B collected all the private points of all the students in our class, they would never reach 20 million points.

"The other three classes have already finished their special exams, but I'm going to ask you to go home right away today. As for Sakura, you will have to come with me to the staff room afterwards, so stay in the classroom."

"Yes," Airi replied to Chabashira without hesitation.

"That's all. Everyone please leave your seats. Follow the instructions and leave the room."

Class B slowly left their seats. Airi was told to stay where she was, and Haruka, who couldn't even stand up, tried her best to stand on her trembling knees, but she couldn't seem to get her legs up. Her breathing had become ragged and she was beginning to experience symptoms similar to hyperventilation.

Kiyotaka and Akito, unable to see this, rushed over to Haruka and forced her to stand up so that she could be supported while they walked.

Kiyotaka looked at Airi and saw her sad smile as she watched them. Usually, he was able to communicate well with Kei just with his eyes. This was only a couples form of communication. However, as Kiyotaka and Airi looked at each other, they seemed to communicate something.

"I'm sorry for this. Before you leave, we'll be standing at the front gate waiting for you," Kiyotaka's eyes said.

"Yes. I shall see you there. And don't worry. Just make sure to take care of Haruka-chan until I get there," was Airi's eyes reply.

They both nodded and soon, Kiyotaka, with his arms supporting Haruka, Akito and Keisei left the classroom. As soon as they did, their mobile phones were returned to them.

Keisei kept his distance from Haruka, because he believed she was still angry at him, so he went ahead, leaving Kiyotaka, Haruka and Akito.

"Kiyotaka. Am I able to leave Haruka with you for a bit. I need to talk with Keisei over all this," Akito said as he turned to Kiyotaka, concerned over all that happened.

"Yeah. Don't worry, I'll take care of her for now. We're going to the front gate so if you can stop by there in about half an hour, then we can see Airi again one last time."