Volume 2: Chapter 4 Part 1

==========================================================

Part 1

There were many places around the school hidden from the public eye. These allowed many opportunities for private conversations to happen between students. With this in mind, around the back of the gym stood two first year students.

"What do you want, Ichika?"

"Hmhm? You know exactly what I want to talk to you about, Ta~ ku~ ya~."

Amasawa Ichika and Yagami Takuya, the two White Room students enrolled at this school for only one goal in mind - to expel Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the masterpiece of the 4th generation and the entire White Room.

"The Professor is here at the sports festival. The very same person who directed us when we first started our curriculum. Do you still intend to defeat and expel Ayanokouji-senpai with the Professor watching?"

Her original teasing tone had all but disappeared and a serious expression had taken its place. It was easy to see why considering who it was she was talking to. Takuya frowned as he stared at and replied back to Ichika.

"Whether the Professor was going to come to this sports festival or not, I was going to crush Ayanokouji-senpai in this sports festival. And I still am. With the Professor here, that just makes my goal of doing so all the more viable."

"..."

Ichika stayed silent for a moment before stating what was on her mind.

"You're still obsessed with proving that you are the true masterpiece of the White Room instead of Ayanokouji-senpai, aren't you?"

She knew Takuya very well. Being the second best 5th generation White Room student, Ichika was always put together with Takuya or against him in many of the curriculum activities. Every time they would partake in the curriculum activity, Takuya would go all out, beyond what many thought he was capable of.

The reason for that was simply because he wanted to best Kiyotaka. Every time they finished a curriculum activity, the two of them would always hear the same comments from the instructors and supervisors, and those words would blow Takuya's brains out in anger, almost akin to a volcano eruption.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from one year ago was better."

Because of all this, when the opportunity came to Takuya to enter the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School with the goal of expelling Kiyotaka, Takuya immediately accepted as it was his best chance to finally beat Kiyotaka and show everyone that he was the better White Room student. What more could he want?

Takuya stayed silent as Ichika had completely caught him out with his goal. She continued with a frown on her face.

"Do you really think it's still worth trying to best Ayanokouji-senpai?"