Volume 2: Chapter 1 Part 5

==========================================================

Part 5

"A room for three please. Oh! Can we get some nachos and chicken strips with some dips to go with our booth? And a menu in case we want to order some other foods! That would make the experience for us much better! Thank you."

At around 8pm in the evening, Kiyotaka, Kei and Hirata found themselves inside the karaoke bar building. They were not in the school uniforms, rather wearing casual clothes.

Last week before the unanimous vote special exam, the three of them got together in Kiyotaka's room to discuss something related to the special exam. Before they got to that discussion, the three agreed that they would all go out and have fun between the three of them more often. Today just happened to be one of those nights.

"Karuizawa-san seems really energetic right now."

Inside the karaoke building, Kei was currently at the front desk reserving a room and getting food ordered while the two boys stood to the side and waited for her. As they watched her talk with the assistant at the desk, they couldn't help but see Kei as a little girl in a candy store or a puppy excited to be going for her walk.

"I guess she really wants the three of us to have a good time together."

"Perhaps so."

Hirata chuckled a little bit, causing Kiyotaka to wonder why. However, he didn't have time to do so as Kei returned back from the front desk.

"Alright. We got karaoke room 5 reserved for the next hour and a half. Let's have some fun!"

Kei pulled her boyfriend and ex-fake-boyfriend with her towards the karaoke room. Arriving at room 5, Kei let go of both boys' hands and opened the door.

All karaoke bars are different. Some were very simple, with just a plain room, sofa, monitor for displaying the lyrics, a tablet for inputting the song and microphone or two. Others went more all out with their rooms, making them darker and adding disco-like light effects to the room to add more of a party/disco ambience.

The room that the trio were entering was of the latter category. In addition to the mentioned features, this room also featured a disco dance floor, karaoke studio quality speaker system from DAIICHIKOSHO CO., and an optional camera to allow recording the karaoke singers if they felt ok with recording a video to save for themselves or to just take high quality photos during the karaoke.

Kiyotaka had never been to a karaoke bar before coming to Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. And ever since he came to this school, he had gone to the karaoke bar just a few times. However, those rooms never looked like this. When he took a look at Hirata's expression, Kiyotaka could see that Hirata was just as surprised as him. If he put two and two together, then that meant...

"Kei. Did you reserve the more expensive room for us tonight?"

Kei looked at her boyfriend with excitement.