Volume 2: Chapter 5 Part 4

==========================================================

Part 4

"We have now reached the final event for the Commander Events. This will be the very last event of both the Commander Events and the entire Sports Festival before we tally up the scores and announce the winners. Before we explain what the final event will be, I firstly want to congratulate everyone who has taken part in the Sports Festival, both as a normal person and as an MVP or Commander. This has been the most intense sports festival for a couple of years now, so good job to everyone here."

Instead of the normal teachers making this announcement, it was the school's Principal who held onto the microphone. Quite a few students were surprised since the Principal barely involved himself in the school's affairs. However, if they were surprised and shocked at that, then they were about to be surprised and shocked even further.

"I just want to handover to our school's Chairman, who will give a few words and announce the current Commander standings before announcing what the final event will be."

The adults and some outside spectators didn't look all that surprised. Considering that they were alumni invited by the Chairman, or Acting Director Tsukishiro in this case, it wouldn't have been normal if the Chairman didn't come out to announce something. However, the students were definitely surprised, since they didn't exactly know about or even met the Chairman before.

"The Chairman, huh?"

"EH!? EH!? The Chairman!?"

"The Chairman's here. OMG!?"

"Kukuku. Why does that bastard look like Sakayanagi?"

Chairman Sakayanagi took the mic and began speaking with a warm smile on his face.

"Thank you, Principal. Now, greetings everyone. I know most of you haven't met me before, but I am the Chairman of this school. Chairman Sakayanagi."

Whispers of "He's Sakayanagi's father?" roamed through the student population, however they were immediately silenced by the teachers, Mashima and Chabashira most notably.

"I would also like to offer a warm congratulations to all of you who have competed in this year's sports festival. This has been one of the most influential sports festivals of all time as you all not only compete against each other to see which class has better teamwork, ability and physicalness, but also get to showcase it in front of the school alumni. I would like to thank our outside audience for accepting the invites and taking the time to come here and witness our students partake in the sports festival. I hope some of them have caught your interest too."

The students and teachers were obliged to clap at the end of that speech. Most followed through but there were some who didn't bother, significantly Ryuuen, Kouenji, Arisu and even Kiyotaka were to name a few.

"Now. On the screen behind me, the current standings for the Commander Battles will be displayed. This is just after the badminton event."

Just as he said, the screen turned to reflect the added results from the badminton tournament.