Volume 2: Chapter 1 Part 3

==========================================================

Part 3

As Chabashira left the room, Class B's atmosphere barely changed from the extremely tense one it had started with. However, despite this tense atmosphere, the students were thinking specifically about the sports festival.

"H-hey. Suzune. Hirata. Let's begin the discussion!"

When the first lesson ended, there was a small amount of time given before the next class, allowing Class B to have the discussion time that Chabashira had mentioned. Seeing that opportunity, and seeing how the atmosphere had barely changed, Sudou tried to act civil and propose to discuss some of the important stuff now.

Hirata stood up and went towards the front, ready to begin the meeting. However, Horikita sat still for a couple more seconds before moving. Whether she was hesitating or if she was deep in her thoughts was unknown, but her movements definitely caused the friction in the class to grow again.

"Right. We should discuss what we're going to do for the sports festival. But, before we do that, there's one thing I should tell you all."

She moved before the students could make the first move. She stood up from her seat and turned around so that everyone could see her face.

"During the special exam held last week, I forced everyone to choose to keep Kushida-san and not withdraw her from the school, in a way that violated my promise to everyone. First of all, I want you to let me apologise for that." With that, Horikita bowed her head. But there was also a strong will in her eyes as she looked up. "But as it turns out, I think I made the right choice. She's someone who can help the class."

Watching over this from his seat at the back of the room, Kiyotaka had mixed feelings. However, he kept them to himself for the time being and decided to sit and watch the discussion unfold. He took one glance to his left and saw the back of Haruka's hair. Her shoulders were still very tense and her sitting position screamed complete hatred and anger towards the girl speaking at the front of the class.

"If I were to tell you that you could get revenge on the class if you were to help me in return, would you do it?"

These were the words he said to Haruka right after watching Airi leave the school on Friday. Haruka never gave him an answer, but her eyes screamed that she was considering it. When he visited her a few times during the weekend, those screaming eyes were still present, but the topic was never brought up again during those moments.

"I don't think so!"

Kiyotaka focused back on the meeting upon hearing someone deny Horikita's insistence she made the correct decision. It was none other than Shinohara. Being one of the people most affected by Kushida's exposure, it was understandable she would be the one to retort the most.

"Now that we know that Kushida-san is an untrustworthy person, no one will want her around. Right now, I don't get the feeling that anyone is talking to the other classes about Kushida-san but I'm sure that's just a matter of time."