Authors Endnotes

Authors Endnotes

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back to All or Nothing. Hope you all enjoyed the second volume of this big project. I enjoyed writing and introducing all of these new plots for this project and I will get to talk about them shortly but just something to mention first, alright? Cool. Let's get to it.

Firstly, I know it's been a while, but I actually want to talk about the cote anime and my view on it. You can honestly skip this if you want and go to the next part to know more about this volume, but I really wanted to give my thoughts on it right now. So here's my review in bullet points:

Positives:

- I was happy cote finally got a deserved second season. We've all been waiting too long for it so I can happily say it was well worth it

- I loved seeing all the plots from my favourite volumes of all time being adapted. It was so satisfying seeing the rooftop scene... oh sorry the "construction site/gym area scene... being adapted. Absolutely loved it.

- Music direction was amazing. Props to whoever directed the music. Well produced. Well thought out as per usual.

- We can't not talk about how Kei was well animated and adapted. She stole the show in Season 2, no doubt. I was glad so many people, anime onlies especially, were seeing how amazing Kei was. Kei was kept in the top Anime Trends votes each week too so GREAT!

Negatives:

- MF Bunko J and Kadokawa did not give this anime a high enough budget, causing Studio Lerche to have many hit and miss scenes with bad animation. It was very noticeable and there was only so much I could take.

- Kei was amazing this season. We can all agree there. But what the fuck happened to her backstory adaptation? Lerche completely skipped it, and instead gave half an episode about Kushida's and a little bit of scenes for Horikita's and Ryuuen's. WHERE THE FUCK WAS JUST A 20 SECOND EXPLANATION OF THE BULLYING KEI FACED!? IT'S AN IMPORTANT SETTING STONE FOR KEI'S CHARACTER AND THEY JUST DIDN'T ADAPT IT. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!? WHO DIRECTED THIS SHIT!?

- Speaking about who directed the anime, I love the OP and ED, the ED especially. I listen to it as often as I can. But whoever directed the anime obviously thought too much of including it in every fucking episode. Episodes, 11, 12 and 13 needed more screentime to show great scenes and explain the situations more. The best way to include that is to skip the ED and OP altogether, just like how EP 6 and EP 7/8 did. However, the director stupidly decided not to do that, meaning the BEST PART OF COTE GOT ONE OF THE WORST ADAPTATIONS EVER! WHAT THE FUCK!?

- Oh don't even get me started on how they skipped the Nagumo plot and fucked up the Arisu reveal! Not as suspenseful. Shit. I hate it. I hate Lerche. I hate the director even more.

I probably have more to say but I'll leave it there. Don't get me started on the current direction of the light novels too. Sigh... Let's move on.

Now onto the actual All or Nothing volume. The theme here is based off Y2 V6 which was indeed the sports festival. However, I didn't want to outright copy v6's sports festival, so I instead decided to add a little feature to make it more original. That was the feature of a Commander, based on the Event Selection special exam from Y1 V11. I didn't get to write too much of what the Commanders did in the sports festival, but that was because I wanted to save it all up for the Commander Battles. That was what the highlight of this volume was. I wanted to include a Nagumo and Yagami battle this vol and introducing the Commander Events was the best way to do it. Hopefully I entertained you with all that.