Volume 1: Chapter 1 Part 3

Part 3

The final lesson and registration ended, and most of the students including Kiyotaka and Kei stayed behind to partake in the cultural festival plan discussion. Those that didn't stay either had clubs going on or were Kouenji Rokusuke.

At the front of the classroom stood Horikita and Hirata. The latter was trying to mirror his tablet's screen onto the classroom digital monitor after gaining permission from Chabashira earlier on. It took a few minutes to set it up and when it finished, the students of Class B saw a list of ideas that Hirata had noted down.

"Ok. So this is the list I've noted down already so far. Since we all had some time to think of some more ideas, I am open to hearing any more to add to the list, whether it's new ideas or more detailed ones to the existing ideas."

Hirata's list contained the essential ideas such as a cafe/food market, haunted house, game stalls, a play and a live music show. Pretty much all the ideas that everyone likely had thought of during the day were listed off by Hirata.

"My ideas were taken."

"I couldn't really think of anything."

"You took the wind out of my sails, Hirata-kun."

An awkward and embarrassed smile appeared on Hirata's face as his classmates threw comments of praise and complaints. Although the situation looked to be heading in the right direction due to the amount of ideas being listed, it actually looked bad because no more ideas, nor an actual plan for these ideas were being presented.

Horikita, who proposed the idea of everyone thinking of ideas in time for this meeting in the first place, noticed this issue and spoke up quickly.

"It's good that we all thought of the same ideas to propose doing for our side of the cultural festival. But it seems that we didn't actually think deeply enough with these events. While these ideas are definitely worth doing, our 195,000 point budget makes us have to be cautious on what we choose and how we use the budget for it."

Minus people like Kiyotaka, Kei, Hirata, Mii-chan and Yukimura, the students in Class B began to realise the situation after Horikita's explanation.

"You're right Horikita-san. If we're going to go with the cafe idea, it's important we consider what food we'll be selling, the ingredients needed for that, the equipment we'll need and then the people who will cook it. If we take out the last point, these points alone will already be a huge factor towards our budget. Even if 195,000 isn't that much, it's enough for us to do more than just a cafe. Which just begs the question, what else should we do?"

Hirata began giving his input on the situation, which further helped give light to what Class B needed to keep in mind. And to add more problems to the situation, they also needed to keep in mind the pricing for where their location was. Kiyotaka, who was quietly listening to the discussion, noted that this was what Chabashira had meant during the explanation during homeroom.

"Well. If we're going to go with food like takoyaki or something, and we need something else to compensate for that plan, we might as well make use of something else we have available at our disposal. Kiyotaka and his band were able to get us to Class B thanks to their song. Since a live music show is on our list, we might as well have them play music at our booth too. And if we go with a cafe idea, they can play at the cafe to add some ambience."

Yukimura proposed this idea too, which prompted all the other students to nod their heads in agreement. Even the two leaders standing at the front couldn't disregard that idea.

"That is a good shout Yukimura-kun," Hirata nodded while typing down the more detailed idea. "So we've got a cafe and a live music show to go along with it. But we still need to consider the budget for the food and the equipment we need such as tables, chairs, cooking equipment and music instruments. And there should probably be another idea we should use if we can to make ourselves stand out even more."