Volume 1: Ichinose Honami SS

Ichinose Honami SS: My Heart is Still Open

"And that concludes today's student council meeting. We shall be back here again next week, same day, same time, to finish discussing everything we just discussed today."

Kiriyama-senpai, who originally sat next to me on one of the side chairs but now stood up next to Nagumo-senpai, spoke with an authoritative tone to end the meeting.

Everyone, including myself, got up from their seats, intending to leave and finally head to meet with friends or relax in our dorm rooms for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

"Ah. Honami. Before you go, it's your turn today."

Nagumo-senpai called out to me just as I was about to start making my way towards the door. I turned around to face him and replied.

"My turn? You mean patrol?"

"Yes. Every one of us has patrolled already so far, so it's Honami's turn now. Just patrol the school and keep an eye out for anything suspicious or anything that looks like it should be sorted. If there are any, then report it in the clipboard and return it here before you go home. I'll still be here because I've got to talk with Suzune."

Horikita-san was told to come later and have a private student council meeting with Nagumo-senpai so she wasn't here for this meeting.

"Right. Ok."

Anyway, I nodded in understanding and took the clipboard, witnessing Nagumo-senpai smile at me one more time. Bowing, I left the student council room and began my patrol around the school.

As a committee, or a member, of the student council, there were a lot of things that we were tasked with. One of which was a quick review around the school to ensure it was up to standard and if any improvements needed to be made, as well as ensuring nothing bad was going on between the students.

As Nagumo-senpai had said, this task is usually given to one person at the end of the day and that changes every day. Today just happened to be my turn.

Whether or not it was a coincidence that it was my turn, I welcomed it. Because I actually wanted to be on my own for a little bit.

My original plan was to actually return to my dorm room and sulk.

But doing that would make me more likely to run into my friends and classmates. They had already seen the condition I had been in the last few weeks, so I didn't want them to see me like this again.

"Honami-chan? Are you okay?" "Ichinose-san. You don't look too good." "Is there something wrong, Ichinose?"

Everyday, I constantly got questions about my wellbeing, and I kept brushing them off, replying that I was fine when really I was barely fine.

In reality, the events that happened on the cruise ship were still fresh in my mind. The day I was rejected from my first love.

It shouldn't be too surprising, should it? It happens all the time.

But... I never thought it would happen to me...

Admittedly, I confessed to him on a whim, at a time when even I wasn't exactly ready to confess. It just came out unexpectedly because I was panicking over his possible expulsion at the hands of the Acting Director.

One thing led to another after that, and in the end...

My heart was still broken.

"Ah..."

It was to be expected that I would run into other students while I was on patrol. I had already run into quite a few who greeted me, prompting me to return it, while I was in my own world while working.