Volume 2: Epilogue Part 3

==========================================================

Part 3

The three of them walked in silence side by side, though in Kei's case, this was arm-in-arm with Kiyotaka. After a couple of minutes, they finally arrived at the school's front gate, the same place they had their final meeting with Airi before she walked away from the school grounds. Upon arrival, the silence stopped with Haruka speaking up.

"Kiyopon. Is it really worth seeing Kushida-san one last time before she completely leaves this school?" she asked.

Their main reason for coming here to the school's front gate instead of going home straight away was because Kiyotaka wanted to talk to Kushida one last time before she was gone forever. Kiyotaka was the only one who wanted to do this and his original plan was to do it alone. However, Kei and Haruka for some reason wanted to join him too, and they weren't accepting no for an answer so Kiyotaka was forced to accept their insistence on being the +1s.

"Honestly, no. However, even still, I feel like there's still a few things I want to say to her before she goes. Things only I can tell her right before she leaves."

"You aren't going to confess to her or something, are you Kiyotaka?"

Where Kei got the deduction from, Kiyotaka did not know. In fact, she should know far too well that, like Horikita, Kiyotaka never liked Kushida as a person or a friend. Perhaps it was just random girlfriend jealousy or she was just teasing.

"Far from it."

The three of them waited by the gate, the girls taking a seat on the nearby bench while Kiyotaka just leaned on the gate. After a while, they heard the sound of footsteps approaching and upon looking in the direction of them, they witnessed their intended target approaching with her suitcase.

Kiyotaka moved to stand in her path, the girls moving to stand next to him. Seeing thwomps in her path blocking her means of escape, Kushida stopped and cautiously glared at them. She was careful to not glare too hard at them considering Kiyotaka was directly in front of her.

"You really did a number on me, Ayanokouji-kun," Kushida started with a lifeless tone, very different to the angry and cheerful tone she was used to using. "I admit that I was in the wrong trying to constantly attack you. You are definitely an opponent who shouldn't be reckoned with and now I'm paying for it. But I wanted to live my life my way so I had to get rid of people who knew about my true nature."

"Of course, I understood that all too well. But that stupid naivetee is what caused you to lose everything you gained. If you really wanted to live your life the way you wanted, all you needed to do was to build a trust bond where people who knew about your past and true nature would never betray that trust and never tell anyone. Isn't that what friendship is? Horikita and I were people who never cared about your past and nature, so we were the perfect people to build that bond with."