Volume 2: Chapter 5 Intro

==========================================================

Intro

The sports festival continued on as normal after the 1 hour lunch break. All classes participated in their chosen events, trying their hardest to win the competition points they sought after. It was safe to say that every class was competitively trying to win for the high stake rewards...

...Almost every class.

Class 2B had a mix of results, more so than any other classes on the sports festival table. Most of its participants hadn't really done well in their events, but it wasn't due to the fact that they couldn't aim for first place. It was more of the fact that they weren't trying in the first place.

Whether it was Kei and Haruka, or Satou and Shinohara, or Akito and Keisei, or even Hirata and Matsushita, they competed and participated in a lackluster manner to ensure they gained minimum results, but not ones where it would help them gain a higher position. This was Kiyotaka's orders to them as their commander.

However, there were students in Class B that were aiming for victory. Sudou and Onodera, being the class's MVPs, were the most notable. But there were other students, such as Kouenji and Horikita, who tried to make sure they got first place in as many events as possible. Naturally, Kiyotaka took this into account.

The standings right now had not changed for Class 2B. They were still in 3rd place, behind Ichinose's Class C and Ryuuen's Class D, but above Arisu's Class A. When looking at the class rewards for the current standings, Class B wasn't in a bad position, but they weren't in a good one either. The midpoint, in essence, was where they were at concurrently.

By the time the clock reached 2:30pm, the general events for the sports festival ended, and this marked the start of the most important part of the sports festival which would run until 4pm, the end of the sports festival.

The Commander Events.

"All Commanders stand up from your cubicles and make your way outside to the main concourse so we can begin the Commander Events."

Hearing that announcement, Kiyotaka stood up from his seat and exited the cubicle. At the same time, Kanzaki, Katsuragi and Arisu exited the cubicles directly next to him too. They all turned to each other... or it would be more accurate to say they all turned to Kiyotaka, which he noticed immediately.

Kanzaki slowly approached Kiyotaka.

"This will be a good chance for you to show us all what you're actually capable of. You are definitely hiding most of your abilities for reasons unknown. I heard about this bet you have with the Student Council President and I know you won't take that lightly. Just know that I'll be analysing you carefully while also trying to get good positions in these events. If you're too dangerous, I will warn Ichinose, even if you are helping her for the better. But... I will at least thank you for helping her even if I do find out that you are dangerous."