Volume 2: Chapter 5 Part 1

==========================================================

Part 1

"For this archery event, you will be split into 4 groups, which will mean three heats. All four of you will simply shoot the targets as they come up. You will have to be quick shooting them because the first person who hits them will be the only person to gain the points since once hit, they will retract. You will try to shoot as many targets as you can in the space of 150 seconds. Is that understood? Any questions?"

The teacher, who in the end turned out to be 2nd Year Class A's teacher Mashima Tomonari, explained the premise of the archery event. Kiyotaka, and the rest of the Commanders shook their heads, indicating they all understood and had no further questions for a simple event.

"Good. Now, there are only 11 of you as Second Year Class A as abstained from participating in the Commander Events. Please listen as we now announce your groups. The first group will start once we finish the announcement."

After some time, the first group moved up to the archery stands, bow, quiver and arrows rocking their bodies. The first group consisted of notable people such as Tsubaki Sakurako from First Year Class C and Ishigami from First Year Class A. Katsuragi from Second Year Class D was also part of the group while the final student was a fodder Third Year Class D student.

"Take arms!"

The four of them raised their bows, their first arrow loaded into them, and aimed towards the field of targets ready to shoot them down upon Mashima's order. The targets raised themselves, ready to be shot down.

"Begin!"

The first bout began and the four students shot their arrows at the targets as fast as they could. Kiyotaka silently watched the "battle" in front of him. He knew it was a little weird and mostly unneeded at the moment, but he couldn't help but analyse every single thing that was happening in that bout.

Out of the four of them, Kiyotaka noted Tsubaki from First Year Class C was the one with a near perfect form, allowing her to effectively aim and shoot the arrows at the targets quicker and more accurately than her opponents. He never asked Akito about this, but Kiyotaka was sure that Akito would mention someone like Tsubaki if she was in the archery club. The fact that he didn't likely meant that she wasn't in the archery club despite having a little bit of experience.

Katsuragi also had a pretty decent form, however his aim wasn't the best. Compared to Tsubaki, he took longer to shoot, likely because he was being cautious with aim, making sure it was directly where he wanted it to go and there were no external variables hindering his decision to shoot.

Ishigami from First Year Class A was pretty much in the same situation as Katsuragi, though he wasn't as cautious as the bald man was. The third year... It was best not to talk about his situation.

"Hm? I saw you earlier in the special building when we were commanding our classes and I knew I'd see you again here. But seeing you like this is kinda different. Funny in a way. Haha."