★Truth and Secrets★

"Do you know anyone by the name of Amelia Valenheart?" I asked her after sharing the heartfelt embrace.

She sighed and nodded as she began to explain that, "The Valenheart's used to be our family name until I changed it when I married. From what I've been told by my father, Amelia was our original descendant who vanished under mysterious circumstances."

"Mysterious circumstances...? Do you know if she related to the Joestars by any chance?" I muttered

"The Joestars? Just what are you trying to find out?" She questioned me with uncertainty, an uneasy look can be seen in her eyes.

"Listen, I'll be frank with you. I received a dream with Amelia in it warning me to avoid the Joestars and to avoid fighting her. That's all I'm trying to find out."

My mom sighed and chewed her nails in anxiety as she answered, "Ever since I was a kid, I always wished I had a normal life. But no, my dad always had these 'Hamon' abilities as he called it and then I gained powers recently as well. It might all relate to that dream you had."

 She sighed. "The Valenhearts and the Joestars were close ever since the beginning with Amelia. I don't know the full details but there was something about Dio and her also being close. She disappeared when she gave birth to your great-grandfather and that's all I know..."

"Dio..." I mumbled. It's that name again, the one who had been terrorizing the Joestar bloodline for decades! And Dio had something to do with Amelia's disappearance...from what I can tell so far, is that it's like she's working for him, and for some reason she's trying to make me stay away.

"Thank you for telling me this." I expressed my gratitude as I finally finished my cup of tea and put it down. "I better get going now, but it was nice talking to you."

"You sure?" She looked at the time. "It's pretty late already and you live at least a few hours from here. What if a stand user attacks you again?"

I shrugged, "I mean I can't ask you if I could stay here, that would be too much of me to ask."

She looked shocked for a second, "Too much?! I'd gladly let you stay here for a night. It's no problem."

"Really?! Thank you so much then!" I exclaimed while she happily hummed in response, giving me a pair of clothes and showing me where the guest room is.

"It's a bit too early to sleep yet but I have a small library where you can grab a book to read. I'll be in the next room over. Toodaloo!" She waved her hand as she closed the door and left while I snuggled into the warm blanket and read until I drifted off to sleep...

Checking if Y/N was asleep by the time nightfall hit, her mom slowly creaked open the door to check on the sleeping girl.

"I'm sorry I had to give you away because of money troubles..." She sighed, "But I'm glad I gave you a better future, and now that I'm getting back on my feet, I hope we can reconcile soon enough. I love you my darling, sweet dreams." She gave a dainty smile before closing the door.

A very small but visible smile could be seen from Y/N, touched at the heartfelt moment.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"I am only trying to protect you." Amelia scoffed at Y/N, "You didn't listen when I said to stay away, which is why you got attacked by a stand user today."

"I refuse to sit around and do nothing." Y/N pouted crossing her arms. "Tell me, you work for Dio. Am I wrong?"

"Ah a perceptive one I see." She gave a sarcastic chuckle. "What if I said I did? Are you going to stop me?"