★Double the Suspicion★

Kaede POV:

"Chiyo?" 

"Chiyo! Hurry up already!" Mayumi yelled at the girl, who for some reason was taking an awful lot of time in the bathroom. Standing outside of the girl's bathroom, I sneaked a peak at my watch and sighed in relief that we weren't late yet.

"Relax Mayumi, it's still early. The pastries are probably still there." I assured her, quelling her anxiousness.

Chiyo then quickly came out of the bathroom shortly after, looking highly on edge for some reason.

"Listen here bestie, I thought we all agreed we'd come to the school cafeteria early, so we can get all the pastries before they're taken!" Mayumi fumed but also drooled a bit at just imagining the tasty treats.

"S-sorry." Chiyo stuttered nervously, "Had to go number two."

"Gross, I did not need to know that." Mayumi groaned, "Also, since when does doing the number two constitute to spending like 20 minutes in that goddamn bathroom?!"

"Ignore her," I sighed "She's just hangry. Let's get something to eat quickly."

Chiyo promptly nodded and Mayumi rubbed her growling stomach as she muttered another set of complaints.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

We picked out a table to sit at, and I slightly shivered as I sat down on the ice-cold seat. I set down a parfait on the table and stirred its contents inside of the jar around as if to make it taste better or something.

Chiyo nibbled on a pistachio flavored macaroon and Mayumi devoured a whole slice of cake in seconds.

"Jesus" I rolled my eyes at Mayumi. "No offense, but you eat like a rat without manners."

She slightly giggled in response and shrugged, "Eh, who cares? I'm happy being a rat as long as I have my cake." Standing up, she ran to the aisle of pastries to grab one more but noticed that It was all taken already.

Fuming once more, she came back to the table muttering insults. "They all took the fucking cake! All that's left is a biscotti!"

"We should save the biscotti for Y/N! She loves thos- oh." Chiyo came to a sudden realization of the absence of our friend. I don't blame her honestly, it's been weeks already like where the hell even is this girl?! Going on some weird ass expedition to study flies?! 

"We should call her," I mentioned to both of my friends, "It's been weeks already and not a single call."

"We should! I miss my girlie so much!!" Mayumi acted like a drama queen

"Oh, yea!" I remembered something that Chiyo told me, "Y'all told me that you both pitched in to buy a phone like a week ago? We could call her on that after school."

"What phone?" Mayumi raised a brow looking up at me with curiosity. Chiyo broke out in a cold sweat all of the sudden and quickly muttered, "The phone...last week...remember?" She said everything slowly as if to try and make her remember something that she couldn't say in front of my face.