★Hotel Freights★

After we finally managed to rescue ourselves from the collapsing ship, I saw everyone else with me, to my relief.

"What the heck happened guys? Nobody was responding when I checked the radio!" I pouted as I looked at the collapsing ship, which had now turned into a small boat.

"Forgive us, we were under attack by the stand itself." Avdol tried to explain and Kakyoin nodded as well saying, "We were being pulled under and crushed by the ship, and I only managed to get a few words in using Heirophant Green."

"I see, sorry I was just really worried about you all." I also explained my sudden drop in my mood, but something else was bothering me too.

Polnareff could somehow tell something was up and put a hand on my shoulder and asked, "You're looking too down in the dumps than your usual self, what's wrong?"

I didn't want to respond at first and clutched my face with my hands threatening to spill a couple of tears. Now Polnareff was really concerned and everybody else took notice as well, I felt embarrassed from all of this unnecessary attention.

"Sorry, it's just...they all died. Because of me!" I managed to mutter as I looked back on that horrid memory of the massacre that occurred on that ship.

"Died?" Joseph spun his head around and turned to face me questionably.

"The sailors, you told me to protect them and I failed. If I was there the moment that damn orangutan attacked them, they could still be alive." I added trying to avoid eye contact.

Jotaro lifted his hat slightly and turned his gaze towards me, grumbling a "Good grief woman. It wasn't your fault okay?"

"Yea, I can't even begin to understand what the heck is going on with all of you but...I think that if you were there the moment the sailors died, you wouldn't have been there trying to save me from that ape." Anne gave me some words of encouragement, words of encouragement that I really appreciated. 

"Exactly, you're a 17-year-old teen Y/N. You're not a God, you're not some overpowered hero, you're just a woman with some special abilities, and as long as you tried your best, don't beat yourself over something you couldn't change." I heard Jotaro add and I gave a slight blush at the heartfelt comment.

I never expected such a piece of advice coming from Jotaro, though he was right, I'm just gonna brush it off as something anybody could say to cheer me up! I guess throughout this journey, I have to accept that people are going to get hurt, injured, or even killed because of it. I still feel a tiny pang of guilt in my heart, but beating myself up about what I couldn't change is not productive at all.

"Is that a tiny blush I see?" Kakyoin teased as he elbowed me annoyingly in the shoulder.

"Tiny? She's redder than your hair!" Polnareff chuckled jokingly, and I understood that this was their way of cheering me up.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen," Joseph cleared his throat, "Let's hope we are rescued as soon as possible and taken to Singapore."

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Good grief we finally made it!" Polnareff exclaimed as we finally got rescued from the drifting ocean. And I gave a sigh of relief as I almost cried tears of joy now that we were finally back on the sweet, firm ground.

"Okay, let's get settled for now." I heard Joseph let out a yawn and also say, "We're all gonna go stay at a hotel and then decide the route to Egypt from there."