Chapter 16

Chan Point Of View

After the news Jimin and Taehyung went into the room to see Kookie. Everyone left to get food, water or to go to the bathroom but me. I transformed into my wolf and sat at the door blocking it. Jimin told me the others are on their way, which took them half an hour. I didn't want to let them in as it's because of them my brother nearly died and still could. We talked and I explained and told them the doctor is coming to check on him and if they had questions to ask her.

I was cold towards them in a way and I said what I said because it would be true. If it was Jimin or Taehyung in Jungkook's place they would probably be here in 5 mins.

When they went in I left them be. Their wolves haven't been close enough to Jungkooks for them to know they are mates apart from Jin in that group that arrived. Everyone knows if its mates you leave them and give them privacy so i went to the canteen to get the others. I was still fully in guarding mode any change in Jungkook i would feel it and my wolf would go nuts.

I went and got handed a bottle of water. I told them the others are with kookie and some of the guys were worried.

'You left them alone with Kookie?' Felix asked.

'I didn't want to but I did.' I replied.

'Why though. Kookie is in that state because of them.' Changbin said.

'It's true but it was also my fault as well. I can't put all the blame on them.' I said.

'How was it your fault?' Hyunjin asked. I took a deep breath and then answered.

'I should have let them get closer to Kookie. When it was 100% confirmed by Ghost and I panicked. I told his mates to wait but for what. So I could have more time left with my brother or time to tell my dad. They did what I asked them to do. It was their fault they didn't come to us and tell us some were on their ruts and needed Kookie. That's on them. If mates get told they cant be together when they meet they fight for the right which none of them did.' I said.

'Even though they are all alphas, Namjoon is the leader and what he says goes. He was confused because Kookie smells like an alpha not an omega. You only smell he's an omega when the person's wolf is close enough to say and none of them have been that close apart from Jin, Jimin and Taehyung. Namjoon thought Jungkook isn't their omega so didn't think much of it. He thought their last mate was still out there. Jimin and Taehyung knew they were mates and seeing their omega in that state broke them. Like it should when you see your mate in that state.' I added.

'Why did you leave them alone?' Seungmin asked.

'If mates are injured or sick their mate stays with them. Mates need their mates to get better which kookie needs. Hopefully if they are alone their wolves will recognise kookie is their mate which he is. It's not official until Namjoon realises cause he's the head alpha.' I said and it clicked with them so they nodded their heads in agreement.

After 15 mins I felt weird. Something was seriously wrong so I told Minho and Han to go get the doctor while the rest of us went to where Kookie was. We were round the corner when we heard a scream and I can't describe the feeling but it's the worst feeling when it's to do with your mate. Those cries only mean one thing... when your mate is... dying. We speeded up and heard it again but with so much more passion and hurt. Kookie. I ran and burst open the door. I saw Jimin and Taehyung holding Kookies hands. They didn't react so I guessed they were mindlinking Ghost.

I looked over and saw Yoongi in tears like Jimin and Taehyung crying their eyes out. Jin was comforting Yoongi crying as well but was trying to be the strong one. Jhope just stood there. I think he was processing everything and Namjoon was all of them. Crying, shocked and processing. I sensed the others and the doctor coming and I got glares when I yelled with my alpha.

'GET OUT NOW!!!' I yelled and some of the lower ranking alphas jumped to that.

'We aren't going anywhere Chan. He is our mate and he needs us.' Jin said.

'Really. Have all of your wolves said to you that Kookie is your mate. Your omega. I can tell with Jin, Jimin and Taehyung it has. Yoongi as well which i'm guessing just happened. What about the other 2. They couldn't be far enough away from Ghost and Jungkook if they tired.' I said getting annoyed.

'I get it. Everything was messed up. Communication wasn't great but we need to be here for our mate. I don't care if you like it or not.' Namjoon said.

'Has your wolf said to you that your mates. I aint stupid. I can tell you are saying it but aren't meaning it.' I said, getting angry.

'If you don't realise Kookie is your omega he will die.' The doctor said after coming into the room.

I then heard something and it shattered my heart. If losing my little brother is this painful I will never want to feel losing my mate.

*I'll be okay, big brother. You did well looking after me. I will be at peace soon.* Ghost said which sounded like a whisper through mindlink. I looked over and went to Jungkooks head and placed a peck on it.

*Thank you for that. I never got to feel love, care, safety and all the other emotions with your mate but I got to feel them from you and the pack. Thank you best big brother.* Ghost said again. I was crying now. He's really going.

*You can't force someone to recognise their mate no matter how bad you want it. I learned it early on. My mates will be okay as they have each other as it was meant to be without having me with them. I will look down on all of you guys, even my mates. Even though I wasn't wanted, I still want to make sure you guys are safe and happy. I'll be with my mother and I'll tell her how proud she should be of her oldest child.* Ghost said it and can't believe it.

*Tell the girls I'm very thankful to them. I got a mothers love and sister's love from them all which I will never forget. I love you Chan and I always will. I love all you guys and I know you will make me and Kookie proud when you lead the pack.* Ghost said and the mood changed. Oh. My. God.

'I will always love you too buddy. I'll never forget you Jungkook or Ghost.' I said and everyone heard it. He is gone. Forever. I bursted out and collapsed onto the floor. The girls will feel their mates pain and probably rush to us.

'Can I take a moment alone with Kookie and Ghost please.' Namjoon asked, crying. I was going to tell him where to go but didnt.

'I will check on him after your done. Ghost has a trick up his sleeve. Jungkook won't hear you but Ghost might. They have a very good and strong bond so what one feels the other does as well even if one aint talking or responding.' I said and got help from the floor and out the door. I went back onto the floor. I wont leave him untill im sure he didnt play his trick, I thought. We all are in the hallway in awkward silence crying. Namjoon better hurry up.