Family Meeting

TW⚠️: Death and gore

"I'm telling the truth, I didn't do it alright!?" Sam huffed as he sat in a chair, leaning his clasped hands on top of a round table; Dean paced back and forth next to his brother and Bobby held his beard in thought trying not to get in between the brothers argument. Dean stopped pacing and approached Sam. "So you're gonna tell me that one second I was stuck in hell and then the next I was digging myself out of my own grave just like that!? I don't believe it, now tell the truth!" Dean spat, pulling the collar from Sam's shirt with both hid hands.

Sam swiftly stoop up from his chair and pushed Dean's hands off of himself. "I tried everything, that's the truth. I tried opening the devils gate. Hell, I tried to bargain Dean, but no demon would deal alright? You were rotting in hell for months- for months! And I couldn't stop it. So I'm sorry it wasn't me Alright?" Sam finally breathed out, looking down at the floor in almost embarrassment. He was disappointed in himself for failing at bringing his brother back, for not being able to save him himself.

"Dean I'm sorry." He repeated once again. Dean blinked and nodded his head. "It's okay Sammy. You don't have to apologize I believe you." Dean sighed and Sam nodded his head in response, still looking down at the ground. Bobby finally joined the conversation: "Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Sam's soul remains intact, but that does raise a sticky question." The silence grew really loud in the room.

"If he didn't pull me out, then what did?"

__________________________

Adrenaline kicked, suddenly making you run into the house. "Mom? Mom!" You yelled out hysterically looking around the house, your panic increasing after not getting a response. You followed the blood trail into the kitchen where you finally saw the thing you were most afraid of happening.

She was laying there on her last breath. She had a big stab wound on her stomach and she was bleeding out fast. A pool of blood surrounded her. You rushed to her side as she  coughed up blood. "Mom! Mom! It's me! It's me (y/n). I'm here, I'm home!" You said picking up her head and laying her down on your lap as you held her in your arms, tears streaming down your face.

"(Y-y/n)?" She said confused, her expression disoriented as her eyes were starting to trail off. "Yes, it's me. I'm here." You sobbed. "She raised her hand to touch your face, her eyes looking up, but not at you. She inhaled through her mouth slowly, making a raspy noise as she did; she was trying to tell you something but she struggled to make out the words.

"It's okay, y-you don't have to say anything." You breathe out, holding her hand to your face. "W-watch" she began but paused to cough, blood was now lining her teeth. "T-trench coat." She finally said before she stopped breathing and the light faded out of her eyes.

"What? What does that mean? Mom? Mom!" You cried out, sobbing devastated as you held your mother in your arms, furious that you had to find her like this and not in a normal state. You sobbed at the thought of not having the opportunity to explain to her what happened to you, why you had been gone for such a long time and why she had been cured miraculously.

All you could think about while you held her close was that Crowley now knew you were gone, and thanks to you, your mother was dead.

Who else could have done this? Trench coat? What's that supposed to mean?

You decided to push the thoughts aside for later, in that moment  you needed to focus on your mom.

__________________________

"So what were you doing around here if you weren't digging me out of my grave?" Dean said opening the beer Sam had just handed him with his ring as Sam handed Bobby one as well. Sam sat down in a chair and opened his own beer. "Well, once I figured out I couldn't save you, I uh....started hunting Lilith, had to get some payback." Sam raised his eyebrows before taking a sip of his beer. Dean furrowed his eyebrows and noticed something sitting on the table next to Sam. Bobby did the talking. "All by yourself? Who do you think you are? Your old man?"

Sam looked at Bobby nervously. "Uh...." Suddenly Dean stood up from his chair and went up to grab the object, walking in front of Sam and Bobby as he did so. "Yeah, I'm sorry Bobby. I-I should have called, I was pretty messed up." Sam said forming his lips into a line. "Oh yeah, I feel your pain." Dean smirked raising the object up for both Bobby and Sam to see; It was a pink, silk brassiere that belonged to the brunette that had been in the hotel room with Sam.

Sam rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Anyways..Uh, I was checking these demons out of Tennessee, and out of nowhere they took a hard left. Booked up here." Sam shrugged, Dean furrowed his eyebrows in thought. "When?" "Yesterday morning." Dean turned to make eye contact with Bobby. "When I busted out." Bobby had a skeptical look on his face. "You think these demons are here 'cause of you?" Dean raised his eyebrows and frowned in a 'I don't know' way.

Sam shook his head and looked at his brother. "But Why?" Dean blinked almost offended. "Well I don't know. All I know is that before I pulled a Jesus and resurrected, I was laying in the bed of a hot chick that was helping me escape, waiting for her to come back from doing some digging. Then suddenly I'm digging myself out of my own grave, now this? It's got to be connected somehow." Dean waved his hands and turned back to Bobby.

"Wait-wait a minute.. The bed of a hot chick who was helping you escape?" Sam shook his head in confusion. Bobby sighed. "Yeah, thankfully Dean wasn't completely alone in hell." He gave a small smile to Dean, who licked his lips before speaking. "Her name is (y/n), she pulled me out of the torture chamber while I was passed out, turns out she was the assistant of the king of hell who was going to force her to become his queen." Dean formed his lips into a line and held his hands together in between his lap. "Wait, you're telling me that a demon helped you escape!?" Sam's jaw dropped to the floor. "A human. She was still human, never turned into a demon. She was playing jail break so she let me tag along with her, but I guess I made it out before her. I don't know where she is or if she's still stuck." Dean looked down, swallowing hard.

"I'm sorry am I the only one that is having a hard time processing the situation?" Sam said getting up from his chair and waving his hands around. Dean rolled his eyes. "It'll make more sense once I explain everything Sammy." "Look son, we'll explain all the deets later we have to figure out what we are doing first. How you feeling anyway?" The old man said, squinting his eyes at Dean in concern. Dean shrugged and nodded his head. "I'm a little hungry."

"No, I mean, do you feel like yourself. Anything strange, or different-" "Or demonic?" Dean cut Bobby off, annoyed at the question. Bobby tilted his head in a 'I'm just saying' way. "Bobby how many times do I have to prove it's me!?" Bobby nodded. "Yeah, well listen- No demon or thing is letting you loose out of the goodness of their hearts. They gotta have something nasty planned.

Dean rolled his eyes and looked down. "Yeah? Well, I feel fine." Bobby sighed and formed his lips into a line once again, turning to look at Sam. "Okay, look, we don't know what they are planning, but we got a pile of questions and no shovel. We need help." Sam shrugged. Bobby suddenly had an idea. "I know a psychic a few hours from here. Something this big, maybe she's heard the other side talking." He shrugged. "And maybe she could also tell us if your friend made it out." He added.

"Hell yeah, it's worth a shot." Dean raised his eyebrows excitedly. "Hold on, i'll be right back." Bobby said dismissing the meeting, the three men standing up from their chairs and on their way to get ready to leave. "Hey wait." Sam said standing in front of his brother. "You probably want this back." He said taking off Deans old amulet from his neck and handing it to him. Dean starred at the amulet in his hand for a second before thanking Sam. "Don't mention it." Sam said giving his older brother a small smile. Dean nodded and put the amulet back around his neck.

"Hey Dean?" Sam began once again, almost hesitant. "What was it like?" "What, Hell?" He answered almost indifferent. "I don't know, I-I-I- I must have blacked it out." Dean blinked with a poker face. "I don't remember a damn thing." Sam nodded, looking down for a brief moment before giving Dean another small smile. "Thank God for that." "Yeah."