Burial & Roadtrip

You wiped the sweat off of your forehead and sniffed as you dropped the wooden shovel that you had been holding in your hands. The wind blew as you looked down at your mother's grave, a tear streaming down your face and your body shivering. The moon shined right above your head keeping you company as you grieved your mother. All you could do after you found her was bury her, so you took the car and drove down to the creek near your house, a spot which had been important to you and your mother growing up. The two of you would have picnics or skip rocks at least once a week there, you knew that it would be the perfect place for her to rest for eternity.

You also knew that it would probably be a better place than a cemetery since it was isolated and no one would see you there.

You walked down to the creek and grabbed a few stones, carefully picking them out and making sure they were stones that you knew your mom would have liked. You walked back to the grave and neatly placed down the stones into the shape of a heart, leaving a single stone in the middle of the heart. You took your car keys out of your jacket pocket and used them to engrave the name of your mother into the stone that was sitting in the middle of the heart. Carefully, you engraved your mothers name into the stone and placed it back down.

Finally, you stood up on your feet and breathed out heavily, tightly closing your eyes and and tilting your head back in pain as tears streamed down your cheeks. You knew that there was the possibility that your mother wouldn't be alive when you came back, but you didn't know that this is how it was going be. You knew she did not deserve this, and the last thing you wanted was for her to get hurt because of you. The time you had spent in hell had all been in vain and you though that maybe your mom was better off passing away from lung cancer but with her daughter at her side than losing her daughter for three years and suddenly being murdered by a demon.

You felt guilty, you knew that none of this would have happened if you had never made the deal with Crowley.

What am I supposed to do now, I have nothing.

You sat down in front of the grave and hugged your knees. You had lost everything, your mother, Dean, your freedom. You would never be able to rest as long as Crowley was alive. And as for Dean, you still had no clue why he had left without you. You knew he was alive on Earth, but you were unsure if searching for him was the best option considering that he had abandoned you. You couldn't think of any possible way he could have escaped, the possibilities ran through your head over and over again, and you couldn't think of any way in which he could have escaped successfully. "That means there must be an explanation for his sudden disappearance right?
He wouldn't just leave without me." You continued going back and forth between feeling betrayed and wondering if there was the possibility of something else happening, you just didn't know what.

___________________________

"She's about four hours down the interstate. Try to keep up." Bobby said as the three men exited the hotel and walked to their cars. Dean and Sam were going to follow bobby to where the psychic was located. "I assume you'll want to drive." Sam said throwing the keys to the impala at Dean as he rolled his eyes. Dean's eyes suddenly lit up. Dean chuckled excitedly. "I almost forgot! Hey sweetheart, did you miss me?" Dean caressed the side of the car as he walked over to the drivers side to open the door, getting inside the car in one swift move and taking in its beauty as he settled in his seat, suddenly noticing something attached to the car radio that made him furrow his eyebrows.

Sam joined Dean in the car and let out a sigh of content.

"What the hell is that?" Dean said giving Sam an annoyed look. "That's an Ipod Jack." Sam smiled pleased. "You were supposed to take care of her not douche her up." Sam scoffed. "Dean, I thought it was my car." Dean gave Sam a mocking look before turning to face the front of the car and bringing the engine to life. Suddenly a really sappy love song started playing from Sam's playlist, Dean threw a dirty look at Sam who just shrugged innocently while his brother yanked off the Ipod from the dash and threw it over his shoulder to the backseat of the Impala before backing out the parking lot and following Bobby.

___________________________

You decided it was best to keep moving as staying in one place would make it easy for Crowley and his demons to find you. You went inside your house and quickly took as many valuables as you could. Pictures you had with your mom, your moms jewelry, and other things that had sentimental value. You then went upstairs, avoiding looking at the trail of blood near the kitchen as you passed by. You walked to your room, hoping that your stuff would still be there as you had left it before you went to make the deal.

You swung the door open to reveal your room, it was completely tidied up but all of your stuff was still there. You figured your mom must have cleaned your room to make it look nice, something you were thankful she had done. You went through all your drawers and grabbed as much clothes as you could fit into your travel bags also taking your personal belongings as well as your precious guitar.

Maybe I'll be able to play with Dean someday like we said.

Finally you pulled out your box of savings from your closet and grabbed all of the cash that was inside. This should keep me going for a couple of months.

You brought everything down and put it in the trunk of your green Pontiac Aztec, closing the trunk and taking one final look at the house before taking a deep breath and getting in the car to leave. "Goodbye home, thank your for taking care of her while I was gone." You said as you pulled out of the driveway and drove off, not having by idea as to where you were going.