Sweet Dreams

You laid there in silence, too afraid to go to sleep. Instead you starred at nothing in particular, just thinking. A few hours had passed since you had 'gone to sleep' and Dean was far to gone. There was really nothing you could do except just sit there. You thought about taking a walk around the castle, considering that Demons were working 24/7 and you were the only one who slept in the building. But you were too scared to go out, the screams of people would just make you feel worse.

Suddenly you heard shifting in your bed, and then whimpers. He's having nightmares again. You sighed frowning. Then the whimpers began to grow louder and then turned into screams. You shot out of the your chair and rushed to Dean's side. "Dean! Dean! Wake up! You're having a nightmare!" You tried to comfort him, holding his shoulders. He kept moving around, his mind too far away. "Dean please! I'm right here!" You wiped the sweat off his forehead and pulled him into a tight hug that woke him up, his breathing slowly went back to normal. He hugged you back wrapping his arms securely around you. "Dean?" You tried to look up at him, but he just brought you closer. "Thank you." He breathed out. He finally loosened his grip on you, allowing you to look at him. "Y-you're welcome." You swallowed hard. "Are you ok?" He took a moment before answering. "Y-Yeah, just a nightmare." He laughed nervously. You gave him a small smile, wiping the residue sweat off his forehead. You just starred at his forest eyes as he looked down at you. You brought your hand down from his face, then proceeded to slide off the bed. "I-I think I-I'm- "Stay." He grabbed your wrist, not letting you leave. You looked down at his hand on your wrist then turned your gaze to his eyes. His eyes were pleading you to stay with him. "Please." He furrowed his eyebrows.

You nodded your head softly, his hand letting you go as you crawled in next to him. He wrapped an arm behind your back, bringing you closer to him. There was a brief moment of silence. "You don't sleep much either, do you?" Dean whispered. "No." You sighed laying your head on his chest. He rubbed your arm in an attempt to comfort you. "You were right." He said continuing to rub your arm. "Hmm?" You looked up at him. "It's kind of hard to sleep with all the noise." His hand settled in your arm. "Sometimes I listen to some music to block out the sound of what's going on out there." You said seating up and reaching over to your nightstand. You pulled out an old iPod from one of the drawers and a pair of headphones. You turned on the device, laying back down and handing him the right headphone. You and Dean had turned so that you were facing each other. He took it and inserted it in his ear. You put your ear bud in and searched for a calm playlist. You hit shuffle on the playlist and set the iPod down.

(Play song above now)

You and Dean locked eyes. His gaze not leaving you. There was something in his eyes, something that you couldn't quite decipher, but that made you feel secure. The past few days had been amazing with him around, and all you wanted was for the moment to last forever. You began to think about the moment you and Dean would have to part ways. What if you never saw him again? What if there isn't actually a way to get out of hell? What if only one of you could leave? All these questions popped up in your head, but you tried your best to push them away and just forget about everything and focus on what was happening in front of you. For once in your life you felt understood and the void that had been created inside of you was beginning to fill up. I'm I really having feelings for this man? What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he's just using me? I should just focus on helping him and I get out of here, but why cant I? You closed your eyes and just continued listening to the music, and after a while you slowly drifted to sleep, not really knowing when Dean had fallen asleep.

It was bright outside. The Sun warm and delicate on your skin. A light breeze rustled the tall grass around you,  a fresh smell of spring in the air. You wondered about, your finger tips grazing the grass as you walked through it. There were absolutely no worries in your mind, you just continued walking farther into the field getting lost in the beauty of nature and enjoying yourself. You squatted down to observe a flower that had caught your attention, and suddenly your felt a strong pair of arms wrap around you gently as you brought the flower to your nose. You glanced at the person from the corner of your eye. Dean. "Ready to get out of here?" Dean whispered in your ear as he placed a gentle kiss on your cheek. You nodded your head with a soft smile, taking the the flower in one hand and holding Dean's hand with the other. You both exchanged a look of happiness as you began making your way to a beautiful classic car.  It was all you ever wanted.

You woke up the next morning in Dean's arms, the iPod that was once by your side was nowhere to be found, but that didn't matter at the moment, all you wanted was to stay by his side forever. But that wish was thrown away when there was a sudden knock at the door. "(Y/n)? Darling open up, I need to talk to you." Crowley was at the door.