27

Sitting on one of the benches inside the dugout while eating, god knows what chip is it.

You watched what's happening outside.

The game just began minutes ago, and now the shouts are getting more loud and louder everytime someone would make a point either it's girls or boys.

The crowds that are watching didn't even help you to calm down.

It's just makes you more nervous than you have ever been before. Though this thing is not new for you but now that you're back at it. You won't lie if you say it's now giving you a different vibe.

The game you had love before feels different to you now.

Noticing that girl eyeing you ever since you sat at the bench, you look away to avoid her eyes but once you did. You can see to your peripheral vision that she's now approaching you.

" So when do you plan to play ? " Seulgi asked.

Yuqi wanted Seulgi to enter the field and play, thought Seulgi insisted that she'll play later once the time is close to losing.

She said she wanted to do a plot twist if ever she might can.

Pointing at your mouth that is full of chips, you gave her a sign that your mouth is full so you can't answer her, though you really don't want.

Damn, you're still not ready to face the field again.

" Unnie, I'll make her play later " Yuqi who's resting suddenly answered making both of you to look at her direction.

Seulgi crosses her arms, and it gives you goosebumps once you saw those burning eyes looking outside the field where the rest are playing against the boys.

The Kang Seulgi who's standing infront of you is not the normal Seulgi it's the Seulgi you met who's always desperate to win and who's losing is not on her vocabulary.

This is what you like to Seulgi.

Now that reminds you, how You, Beomgyu and her would always play baseball back then. What a bummer when an accident happen that makes your bonding stopped.

" The game is almost done and we haven't scored yet " Seulgi said as she check the scoreboard outside.

It's 6-0 of ninth inning. It's your teams
defense now before the last inning.

Finding yourself secretly smiling knowing that the game will get finished that quick, you're glad about since it means you won't be able to play and it's gonna end sooner than you thought.

" And this is not the deal my teammates came with " Seulgi added as she face Yuqi with a scary glare, which ofcourse startled the latter.

" I said if she plays. " She pointed her finger to you, " I'll play and she's not playing " she put her finger down.

" It's almost last inning already Yuqi, If we won't be able to make a score then be sure to ready your farewell speech for your teammates " knowing Seulgi for too long, you can tell that's the Kang's last warning.

She maybe talking to Yuqi but you know she's talking to you too. She might be not looking to you but you know those words are for you.

Yuqi hung her head low in embarrassment.

" Do you know how to play baseball ? "

You heard her asked making you to look at her as you saw Seulgi look at your way.

You're not liking where is this going to. Though you don't want another lie to make, not when Kang Seulgi is there.

" I know basics " that sounded not like a lie, though it might be considered as a lie since you don't only know basics. You know everything.

" Where are you taking me ? " You nervously asked when Yuqi grab your hand making you to stand.

" Field, we'll do a warm up. You're playing in the next inning " and before you could questioned what she said. You found yourself out of the dugout with Seulgi following you from behind.

You sighed and just let her drag you. You don't have any other choices after all.

Though since you're interested to know what's happening in the middle. You saw some of Seulgi's teammates placed on the infielder, outfielder and basemen while as far as you can remember that face.

It was Yerim who's holding the bat waiting for the pitcher which is Beomgyu, to throw the ball.

" Here hold this " You heard Yuqi said as she hand you a ball which you accepted, after that you move your eyes back to the field.

You know Beomgyu is a tough pitcher to face. He goes all out and he have no mercy when it comes to game.

The girls only need 3 points to make inorder to join this season it was so sudden that the head coach of baseball team did it 3 but the girls accepted it in defeat.

" So why pitching is your position now ? " The girl named Irene suddenly appeared infront of you as you almost throw the ball to her in shocked.

You were focused watching what's happening to the field which is getting lead by the boys then this girl appear out of nowhere.

" Unniee, You startled me " You whined to Irene who just gave you a chuckle.

" So Why are you a pitcher ? " She repeated her question while holding a bat swinging it low and slowly. " Yuqi told me  " You simply answered before looking at her.

" Still a batter huh ? "

She smiled and nodded her head. " Why are you hiding who you are ? " A very unexpected question coming from Irene, one of Seulgi's teammates.

You frowned as you move away from her when you heard Yuqi shouting that she's now going to throw the ball and that you should catch it which you successfully did.

" I'm not hiding anything " You answered befoore throwing the ball back to Yuqi which the latter catch effortlessly.

Irene, step aside as she gave you some space to move.

" Why are you not telling your friends who you really are ? " Irene asked making you sighed.

Aside from Seulgi and Beomgyu there's more who knows something about you that not everyone knows, they're just remaining quiet since they know you don't want people to know it and guess what.

Irene is one of them.

" That I'm what ? " You asked after throwing the ball back to Yuqi.

" That you completely obliterated our team at high school "

Catching the ball that Yuqi just throwed you lower your hands and look at her.

____________