46

Sitting beside each other, backs leaned on the edge of the bed while sitting at the floor, and quietly watching the second movie that Karina Yu picked.

The movie is a little fun, unlike the movie she picked first which is titanic.

Remembering what just happened earlier, you snickers. The playful Karina crying in your room is a definitely a sight to see.

" Why are you laughing ? " Karina suddenly asked.

You shake your head refusing to remind her of what happened. You might get hit if you did.

And so it went quiet again.

But the silence isn't that heavy.

You and Karina don't feel the need to talk. Both of you just enjoyed the movie with the company that you and her have.

Soon, You felt your eyes getting heavy in the middle of the movie. Lots of things happened and you considered this day as a tiring one.

" Verna " Karina called you. Her Voice is low and weak maybe the latter is feeling sleepy too.

" Hmm ? " You slightly turned your head to see the girl.

Karina's eyes are half close. " Do you believe what she said ? "

" Huh ? "

" Do you believe what your ex said earlier. Do you think that I use people ? " Her eyes remained on the tv.

" No ? " You unsurely answered. " I mean. People sometimes use people really, but there are people who let themselves get and be used. Does that makes sense ? " actually even you, are unsure about it.

Karina hummed letting you to continue.

" But I don't think you're the type of person who use people " You chuckles, " I think I'm that type "

Karina smiles, she's too sleepy to laugh.

" Remember that day ? "

" What day ? "

" The day you asked your class president to join you for cutting class at highschool ? " Karina is smiling, her eyes are already closed now. Good thing is your shoulder is too comfortable for her to leaned her head onto.

" Yes. Why ? " Confusion took over you when she suddenly brought up that situation.

Karina sighs getting herself ready to reveal one of her secrets. " That time my Dad cheated on my Mom " She began, " They didn't broke up till our highschool days. I've endured seeing them fight " she fidget her fingers under the blanket that you're both sharing.

" I guess you can say that I've been exposed to a toxic relationship before I could even get into one, before i could even experience one " She paused and took a deep breath.

" They keep saying things that they shouldn't have get married and that they're really not for each other "

You glanced down at her and study her expressions but all you could see is sadness, she's not smiling anymore.

" I got scared. " She sighs, " What if I ended up marrying someone that I don't really match with. What if I ended up pouring all my love and care for that person not knowing it's not the one for me "