49

" Verna ? "

Karina have been calling your name for multiple times already. She's just swam earlier yet you're already gone at the place where you are sitting.

" Where did she go ? " She asks herself.

And as she was about to get herself off of the water. She flinched when a hand hold her hand and drag her back to the water.

Heck, she was scared as hell.

Though the scaredness she felt for a second was changed into a happy one.

" You're in the pool! " She exclaimed with a wide smile formed in her face after seeing you getting wet by the water, your half body are already below it.

" Because I know how to swim ? " You unsurely said while looking at her with excitement and fear mixed emotions.

" I thought you'd hesitate. It's not that easy to move on from what you just said especially when you mentioned you have a phobia " She worriedly said, her both hands are already holding your arm making sure you won't sink.

" I'm fine " You gave her an assuring smile as you tried to hide the fear you're feeling. " I might beat you on a one lap " you brag making her too chuckle a little but still worried.

" I doubt " She stuck her tongue out, and in a swift second she then giggled.

" But do you think You'll be fine ? " She's concern.

Nodding your head as an answer, you look at her. " Isn't this what you want ? "

" I do " She admits, " But I'm not forcing you "

" Who said you force me ? " You chuckled. " It's my choice besides it's not bad to try to conquer my fears right ? " you tried to make the latter less more worried.

You can clearly tell she is.

And as she was about to not agree with it, before she could even open her mouth to talk, you did it first.

" You said you'll save me. This time I'm the one who's going to trust my life to you "

You remember how Karina said that she trust her life to you when you were teaching her how to ride your skateboard, and now it's your time to trust her.

Karina smiled widely.

Once again, the little things you're doing is making her happy. The thought of you going into the water just because you said that this is what she wants makes her flutter.

You're willing to do what she said, even if you're afraid.

Besides the trust you're giving her right now makes her more happy than ever.

No one trusted their life to her, and she didn't expect you'll be the first one.

" By the way " You began, startling the hell out of her.

She didn't notice she was spacing out.

" Why ? "

" I don't have extra shirt " You shyly said, " If you have, you don't mind letting me borrow it ? "

Karina quickly nodded her head after you said that. " Ofcourse baby, You're much welcome to wear my clothes "

Now it's your time to feel your cheeks heating up. " Whatever! " You chuckled before splashing a water to her making her to squeal.

" Who reach the other end last will need to treat the other!! " You shouted as you started moving leaving her behind.

" Cute " Karina smiles.

Minutes of you and Karina moving back and forth to the pool. The bet had finally ended.

" Ha! You lose " Karina shouted happily while splashing some water to your direction, who's now pouting after the lose.

Damn, you thought you have a chance to win since you move first but to your surprise Karina was able to catch you up effortlessly.

" I shouldn't haaave said that " You whined once she stopped splashing water to you.

What else to expect ? Karina is more professional than you after all. You just really have the confidence that you might win.

" Well you did " Karina shook her head. " Whatever " You scoffed. " I accepted my defeat " You smile while raising your both hands.

" Really ? huh ? " She chuckled after finding you funny about it.

" Yeah " You said as you climb up of the ground.

" Where are you going ? " She confusingly asked.

" I'll shower first " You smile. " I need to take you out on a date "

And Before Karina could questioned and asked that, she found herself smiling when you started running towards the changing room, completely leaving her behind again.

" Unbelievable.. " She exclaimed while chuckling as she climbed up to follow you and do the same.

Crossing your arms as you waited for the fellow to get finished.

You leaned your back at the wall after checking yourself to the mirror to see if Karina's shirt suits you and to your shocked it does suits you. It's oversized after all.

Letting out a deep sigh that Karina might be able to hear, you stared at the ground and rewind what just happened earlier.

Damn, You only realized it now that you really did conquer the fear, the nightmare you had.

You didn't know going back to a pool will be this great again. Now you also realized that Beomgyu and Seulgi are right all along.

They're right that maybe you're just afraid to fight that fear, to fight those nightmares.

Though you don't know if you'd done all of this because you want too, but there's a part of you saying that Karina have something to do with it.

That the girl have something to do with you being able to play baseball again, and being able to go on a deep water.

And actually you would be lying if you said, you didn't enjoy fighting those nightmares.

Karina is there when you play baseball for the first time after that accident, and Karina is also there when you conquer your fear and phobia at water. She was always there.

Plus, you won't deny the fact that you're starting to act around her like how you act around to Chaewon back then.

You admit Karina isn't really that hard to like and your friends are right when they said Karina fits your ideal type because you know Chaewon is also like her but the difference is they're both different person.

They express something differently, but right now you're satisfied with the thought everything is just a lie and that you're just pretending.

Though the problem is, You know yourself that there's a little percent part of you that you still like Chaewon and that you still haven't move on, but you know yourself too, that there's a part of you starting to like Karina or not ?

And these thoughts are just putting your mind in a dilemma.

_______________