78

" Their pitcher and catcher are good. "

Karina heard murmurs around her. She smile as she felt proud knowing that you're one of the person that these unknown peoples talking about.

She don't know much about baseball, but hanging out with you and your friends including her own friends that's playing.

She can understand how it goes already and she knows you're doing well.

You had an injury and you shouldn't be playing like that, like recklessly, though your team is winning anyways.

Karina frowned as she noticed something's wrong.

She squint her eyes trying to look at you properly from afar. It's hard to tell if you're in pain since you looks different when playing.

It's hard to tell.

But Karina knows you're in pain.

" Wow. Your FRIEND Is playing like it's finals already. " Somi nudge Karina probably teasing their friend again.

Karina ignored her teasing and focused on the game.

It's fourth inning already and now you're currently playing as a pitcher while Yujin is back at playing as catcher for the meantime.

You positioned yourself again, getting ready to pitch again, but this time the batter was able to hit it.

" Ball! "

The runner goes to first base, but it was way out, soon they heard gasps everyone who's watching gasps after seeing a player on the ground.

" Did she slipped ? " Karina heard some of the students said from behind her.

So she focus on you more.

This time your expression are much more noticeable. You looked at your right hand like something is wrong with it. If they weren't looking closely and focusedly, they won't notice how you wince in pain.

You shut your eyes before taking a deep breath as you positioned yourself again to get ready for the next batter.

You were trying to out the batter earlier, when you we're able to catch the not so strong hit, good thing is you out her when Joy who's at the first base was able to catch the ball, but in return you kneeled on the ground after feeling a pain in your right hand.

They watched as you took of your gloves at the left hand and put the ball changing the hand on what you're going to use to pitch.

You squeeze the ball and throw it at the air multiple times, warming up your left hand.

All of them are confused. You're not wearing any gloves and that is dangerous.

But Before you could pitch again, the umpire stopped the game as your friends who's watching at the bleachers saw Seulgi and Beomgyu leaving the dugout to talk at the umpire.

And after the talk they had, you were subout by Yerim who will be the pitcher this time.

Yerim patted your shoulder when you faced her. " You need a rest. " She mumbled and you tried to gave her a smile but the irritation you're feeling is too much to the point you could only nod at her and head towards the dugout.

You then turned your way to that certain place to look for the girl and when you and Karina's eyes met you smiled, as you were about to wave you wince when you raised your right hand.