4| Femine Energy

"Good morning

"Good morning." My assistant, Uris said as I entered the office.

He had on a white button-up shirt and black trousers. I towered over him. Uris is a very short and stumpy man. I'd be surprised if he reaches 5'3. He can be a bit erratic, but so far, I don't have any complaints.

As much as I didn't want to admit it, Briana was right. Having an assistant has helped me tremendously. Uris is a bright kid. He's good on his feet, great at multi-tasking, efficient, and organized. I made the decision to keep him around.

"Morning Uris." I nodded my head at him.

He handed me a file of documents that I had him retrieve last night. I can't get over just how reliable he is. I was the exact way his age. I can see him going far in life.

As I walked passed the break room, I spotted Farrah and Briana standing beside the coffee machine in a middle of a conversation. If I heard correctly, I'm pretty certain I heard Farrah invite Briana to a club.

I don't think Briana has ever been to a club a day in her life.

I stood by the doorway and discreetly watched Briana and Farrah. They have become close in the short time they have known each other. I like that Briana is finally making friends.

It's been a week since that dinner night. I do not like going to social outings like that, but as a boss, I think it's important to show face, but truthfully I wanted to see if Farrah was going to be there.

It's fair to say that I have developed a little "crush" on her. I know that I cannot act on it due to the fact that I am her boss, and I enforce a strict zero fraternization policy.

When I first launched my company, I had two co-workers that began dating, and it ended terribly. Sammy and Mike were a cute duo at first, then the toxicity of their relationship unraveled, and it became a total shit show. I had no choice but to fire both of them. I never want to deal with that immature drama ever again.

"Hey, Barron." Briana smiled at me.

Farrah took a sip of her coffee and gave me a vibrant smile.

Every time I see her, I cannot keep my eyes off her. Her hair was pulled back into a neat ponytail, and she wore a lavender-colored blouse and white dress pants that flared out.

"Good morning ladies." I nodded my head at them.

"Morning Barron." Farrah smiled at me.

Her long eyelashes batted, and her smile just warmed up the entire room. I felt a rumbling in my chest. Her beauty is out of this world.

When I walked into my office I found my best friend Andy sitting at my desk snacking on the popcorn I have stashed in a compartment in my desk.

I haven't seen or talked to him in a few weeks. He's been in Japan working at a high-end restaurant. As happy as I was to see him, I was not in the mood for his outlandish personality.