28| Brother

"Hey, daddy," I said to my dad as I walked up the steps to the house

My dad was standing beside the front door with a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" He couldn't even hide it. His tone was laced with concern.

"Yeah, I'm just a little shaken up," I answered honestly.

The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind."You said the person broke into your house and trashed all of your things. Huh, that's so bizarre?" "Yeah. Barron thinks I have a stalker." "Just be careful. You remember what happened to Sunny. I don't think I could survive it if something else like that happen."

My dad bringing up what happened to Sunny put everything in perspective for me. I felt a little uneasy before, but now I was scared.

I'm going to try to lay low for a while.

I smiled when I entered the house. The renovation to the kitchen had started and it was already coming along nicely.

"So... was that Graham's car I saw outside?" I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

Graham purchased a silver Lexus when he began working for Logan. I saw the car parked on the curb down the street.

"Uh yeah, he is here right now. Actually. He's been here since this morning. He's waiting on you. He says he wants to speak to you."

I nodded my head and slowly entered the dining room. Graham was sitting at the table beside our mom. He appeared to be sober.

"Hey, sis." He said with a small smile. "Hey, Graham," I said to him in a monotone.

He's my brother. I used to help change his diapers. I'm never going to be nervous around him.

"You look nice baby." Mom smiled at me.

I looked down at the black sundress I threw on. I don't even remember my drive. I was reeling on the paternity results. Barron has accepted me with Todd. I will be lying if I said I was over the mood about the situation but this whole situation is not his fault.

"Thanks mom," I said to her.

"Well, I'm going to go check on Destiny." She stood up from her seat and kissed me on the cheek before she went upstairs.

Graham stood up and motioned his head to the back. "Can we talk out back?" "Yeah, sure." I nodded my head.

I followed Graham in the direction of the patio. The weather was fairly nice. The sun was out and the skies were clear. I have an hour or so before I have to pick Todd up from daycare.

"Are you going to cuss me out some more," I said jokingly as I took a seat at one of the lounge chairs. "Come on Farrah. Don't be like that." He sighed.

We both laughed and stared at each other for a couple of seconds.

"How's Todd?" He asked taking a seat across from me. "He's good. He misses you." I made sure to read the expression on his face. He looked pained by my statement.