35| The Funeral

I felt sick to my stomach every time I think about what happened to Hayden

I felt sick to my stomach every time I think about what happened to Hayden. He was shot in the back of the head during what is suspected to be an armed robbery.

Apparently, someone snuck into the beach house he was staying at and killed him.

My last interaction with Hayden was not the best but by no means did I ever wish for the man to die.

The police showed up at my doorstep searching for me. I was brought to the police station and they questioned me for hours. It was two old white men from Florida that looked like they were trying to hurry up and close the case before the media coverage becomes out of their control.

I sat in that interrogation room an emotional mess. I was Hayden's last phone call and there were several witnesses at the club that came forward about the altercation we had.

By the manner they were asking the questions, it gave me an unnerving feeling that they thought I may have something to do with Hayden's murder.

It was terrible. I cried the entire time pleading my innocence. They tried to intimidate me until it got too much for me. As much as I didn't want to, I had no choice but to ask for a lawyer. Levi showed up and made those idiot cops look like the incompetent losers they were.

For a man who is such a jokester, he knows how to do his job. He was front and center and got the cops off my back.

I had an airtight alibi. There was proof that I entered my hotel room and didn't leave until the next morning. I was with Barron getting my brains fucked out at the same time Hayden was murdered.

"Captain!" I hissed at the damn dog that decided to just get on the bed.

I just bought these brand new expensive sheets. I didn't want any of his dog hair or slobber all over it.

Barron and I officially moved into his house two days ago. So far I love it. It's a little too big for my taste but for now, I'm not complaining.

I walked over and picked Captain up from the bed and placed him on the floor. He scurried off out of the bedroom and I let out a deep breath.

I slipped on my black dress and stared at myself in the full-length mirror. My nerves were in shambles. I felt like my stomach was doing summersaults. My heart was beating fast and my throat was dry.

I was still going back and forth with my decision. I thought long and hard about whether I should attend Hayden's funeral or not but ultimately I decided to go. I knew some of his family. The least I could do is show my condolences.

Barron walked behind me and placed his hand on my hip and planted a soft, tender kiss on the side of my neck. I felt at ease in his arms.

"You look so beautiful." He said into my ear.

I wanted him to rip my clothes off and have him just explore every inch of my body. The same way he did last night. It's been a week since we came back from Miami and we have not been able to keep our hands off of each other.